Not letting me view all photos on the site

Comments, suggestions or site/forum assistance

Moderator: FORDification

TexanTwins

Not letting me view all photos on the site

Post by TexanTwins »

So i got bored and was just navigating through the site when with many instances this same message kept coming up in a lot of posts with pictures in them

"You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post."
:hmm:
I guess since im new to the site i have to post more? :? Haha not a clue but anyways just seeing if it meant that the post was really old and could no longer be viewed or something just entirely different? Thanks for any help provided

-The twins
There ain't nothin better on the road than a FORD
Rides:
1967 Ford F250 Ranger Camper Special
1972 Ford F100 Explorer
fireguywtc
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Not letting me view all photos on the site

Post by fireguywtc »

There are a couple of possible reasons that could be causing your problem.

1. I don't think it should make a difference but make sure you are logged in when you are viewing threads. I have seen other sites that block contents to unregistered users, not sure if it does it here.

2. A lot of threads have pics linked to sites that are outside of fordification, photobucket is a great example. Since the person host the pic in their photobucket account can move or delete the picture, it will change the URL and result in you not being able to view the pic in that thread unless they go in and change it to the new URL. Neither you or the site could fix this problem.

3. You may have a problem with your internet or antivirus software that could be blocking some of the pics. May want to check into that.

That is all I can think of at the moment and I think #2. would be the most likely cause. Your post count has nothing to do with content permission here. I am sure others will chime in to provide some more insight on your situation.
Bill
1967 F-250 LWB 2WD 352 V8, 4spd manual, true duals, 122k original miles (currently being restored)
1970 F-250 4x4 highboy ranger 390 V8, 4spd
2012 F-350 PSD FX4 LWB CC lariat, white
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... hp?uid=602
"If you want to judge a person's true character, give them power."