'69 Ranger door unholstery panels

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

BobbyD

'69 Ranger door unholstery panels

Post by BobbyD »

I bought a pair of panels for my 69 from NPD Friday and there not the same size as the originals, too small by alot! Any ideas as to what happened here?
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: '69 Ranger door unholstery panels

Post by FORDification »

Well, we'll need a little more info. How much smaller are they? What kind of panels did you buy?

The plastic versions should cover the whole door panel area, but have to be installed over the top of the standard steel panel. The deluxe panels up through '70 are fiberboard covered with upholstery, but they still need to attach to the standard metal doorpanels. They are smaller, only covering the horizontal ribs, and use the outer trim ring, like this:

The '71-'72 deluxe panels are full-width fiberboard that don't use the steel panel as backing, like this:

I'm guessing you have the correct panels, but you thought they should be full-width?
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
BobbyD

Post by BobbyD »

I have the originals as well as what I got from NPD, they are smaller by a few inches wide and tall. I'll take exact measurements or some pic's first thing in the morning. It is cardboard backed , not plastic like the '71 and up.