drove to karnes county and found remains of small grassfire

Post your hosted videos from YouTube, Google, etc.

Moderator: FORDification

Forum rules
Videos are only allowed in the Video Gallery forum....not in a post in any other forum. Videos posted to any other will be immediately moved as needed. One video per thread, please! Nothing allowed of an adult, political or religious nature. For further rules and how-to's, click here.
dolinick
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

drove to karnes county and found remains of small grassfire

Post by dolinick »

I took my uncle with me to water the trees in karnes county. They are suffering in this drought and very hot weather. There had been a grassfire along the highway in front of my property. I keep the grass mowed short all around the property. I just like having a trail/path around the perimeter. Luckily it doesn't look like the fire tried to spread but it turns out i made a small firebreak. I need to clear more area immediately around the cabin though.

http://www.vimeo.com/27651470[/video]
2003 7.3L F250
1968 F500 Utility Truck
robroy
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: drove to karnes county and found remains of small grassfire

Post by robroy »

Good day Dan,

That looks like a mighty close call to me! Well done on mowing the fire-break. And I really enjoy all the great photos and videos you post.

Robroy
dolinick
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Re: drove to karnes county and found remains of small grassfire

Post by dolinick »

robroy wrote:Good day Dan,

That looks like a mighty close call to me! Well done on mowing the fire-break. And I really enjoy all the great photos and videos you post.

Robroy
I didn't know it was making a fire break. But I left the front part of my "yard" unmowed on purpose. I just want it kind of wild and natural. I already see rabbits and even some quail hanging out in there.
2003 7.3L F250
1968 F500 Utility Truck