67-72 body on 80-up 4x4 frame?

4x4 & Off-road Forum Archives

Moderator: Doug Comer

72hiboy4x4
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic
Location: As far away as I can be from Wa state, without crossing the Mississippi

Post by 72hiboy4x4 »

if you part it out I neeed the TTB suspension for my (other) projct truck!
In life many men take the path of righteousness, some take the path many others follow (G.M. owners, for example), some take a more arduous path, some a simpler path. I, sir, took the PSYCO-PATH!!
jzjames
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

re: 67-72 body on 80-up 4x4 frame?

Post by jzjames »

wheelbase will be about two inches longer??
oldhalftons

Post by oldhalftons »

the rear cab mounts on the 80-up frames are on the outside of the frame and on the inside of the frame on 79-down.

I've never measured the core supports and front cab mounts.

It would be a lot of work, but it could be done.
1969 F100 300/4spd power steering, manual brakes
mk
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

re: 67-72 body on 80-up 4x4 frame?

Post by mk »

Well, I finally pulled the truck home this weekend. Clutch is hooped on it, otherwise runs fine. Has a 302 5speed with shorty headers and dual exhaust with glass packs. Lariat edition body's not too bad but the paint -silver over black- has seen shinier days. I crawled under it last night to get some measurements as the curiosity was killing me. Bear in mind these are close estimates with a tape measure subject to fine tuning if the mood strikes me later... :) The rear cab mounts are indeed inside the rails and are 28 inches apart vs 24" for the 67-72's. The front mounts seem to be just less than 45" apart as opposed to about 45 1/2" on the older trucks. The distance between the newer truck's front and rear mounts is close to 48" against 50" for the old one. Not sure if I'll bother with the rad support measurements. Like the man said, it'll take some work...

mike