Which A/C bracket to use?

Electrical and Wiring Forum Archives
67F250CS
Preferred User
Preferred User

Which A/C bracket to use?

Post by 67F250CS »

I was scrounging around the local bone yard and ran across a couple A/C brackets to put A/C on my truck. Problem is I dont know which one to use. One set up has a braket with its own idler pulley. The other set up has it own separate bracket and bolts to the head and power steering pump and looks like it shares the belt with power steering pump to tighten it. I want to make sure that is the case. Or am I missing any parts?
I guess I should mention I have a 390 and my truck has the pulleys with 3 grooves on it now.
Thank for any and all advice.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1967 F250 Camper Special
10MPG with key off, in neutral and going downhill!
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

my 68 ranger had a 360 at first but now has a 390 the bottom a/c bracket is the one i have on my engine. that other mount reminds me of something of a 351.
460 crew
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 460 crew »

The top one looks like the one on my 460 and it requires an idler with another bracket. The other one like fordman is using and in the lower pic is the same as th one I had on my 69250 with a 360. What valve covers are you running I had to trim down the bracket to clear aftermarket covers on that app.
1970 4x4 Crewcab build and 12v cummins conversion
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=17179
67F250CS
Preferred User
Preferred User

re: Which A/C bracket to use?

Post by 67F250CS »

I have aftermarket chrome Edlebrock valve covers. They appear to be the same dimensions as stock. So the one on the bottome is what I should use. I mocked it up on the engine and it looks like I'll have to space it out on the driver side head just a tad to make the rear most hole line up. It has like a smaller washer welded to it but I dont think its gonna' space it our enough. The others fell right into place.
Thanks again guys.
1967 F250 Camper Special
10MPG with key off, in neutral and going downhill!
willowbilly3
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by willowbilly3 »

For some reason the pictures won't load but I think they all use the seperate idler/adjustor. If you already have the crank pulley you should be ok but Ford used a bunch of different pulley combos. I know I have 3 sets from 3 different trucks, all are different and none are the same as the set on the 1970 car engine my truck is running.
Great ideas have always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by flyboy2610 »

I know what you mean there!
I have two sets of brackets, and two different idler pulleys. When I get to that stage I am going to have to spend some time mocking up the system to figure out what to use.
Once I have it figured out, the rest is for sale.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Red Green

If you're going to live like there's no hell...............
you'd better be right.
http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.blog ... ee-it.html