Got the cab floors coated today [LG. PICS]

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Got the cab floors coated today [LG. PICS]

Post by FORDification »

Well, it was a slow day at work, like it always is on Thursdays, so I left work a little early and headed to the shop, so I could get the cab floors done. It actually didn't take me too long....about 2-3 hours from start to finish, and that included getting several coats of Krylon on top of the POR-15. At first I wasn't going to worry about the topcoat, but got to thinking about how they say nothing will stick to POR-15 once it's dry, and I intend to use some sound-proofing material, like DynaMat....so I needed to be able to stick it down with adhesive. So the topcoat was applied simply to give the sound-proofing material something to bite into. Here's a couple pics of the afternoon's activities:

Here's a closeup shot....you can see where the floorpans did have a little pitting in them, and if it wasn't for them, this floor might just be to purty to cover up with carpeting! ;)

As I was taking these pictures this afternoon, it suddenly dawned on me that I'm about to the point where I really need to paint the cab. I really can't begin any further cab assembly until then! So...I guess over the next few days I'm going to have to sit down and start going through my picture collection and definitely decide on a color. As mentioned earlier, I'm kinda leaning towards Rangoon Red, although since this truck is mainly being built as a hauler for the 442, which is going to be midnight blue, I'm toying around with the idea of painting the truck the same color. I could do midnight blue with some silver accents, which I think would look really sharp. :D

...and here's a shot taken outside the shop today, showing the remnants of my parts trucks:

The rolling chassis is left over from the '67 F250 CS that donated the cab and fenders. I'm in the process of removing the rear differential and springs and will also be saving the front springs, since they were new just-installed springs when I got the truck. Then the frame will be hauled off to make room for the next parts truck....the '72 SWB truck that should be arriving within the next week or so, which will be supplying a box. :D The blue '68 in the above photo was bought for the engine (a 390) but isn't needed anymore, since the 390 I'll be using is currently sitting in the back under the topper. I need to just pull the 390 out of this one and get it hauled away....there's very little that's useable on this one, and I've already robbed a lot of small parts, including cutting out a section of the dash for a forum member.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
71-F-250SC-72-F-250C

re: Got the cab floors coated today [LG. PICS]

Post by 71-F-250SC-72-F-250C »

Keith, your truck is really starting to take shape. You are going to have a good looking truck. I really want to get started on the project me and my dad are doing again. Everyone's project seems to be moving but ours. Looks really good, can wait to see the finished product.

Stephen
71 f-250 Sport Custom-frame off in progress..again thank to irjetmachanic. :)
72 f-250 Custom
71 f-100 swb sport custom
03 mach1 mustang
cant forget my thing...haha 74 volkswagon thing.
[quote="ToughOldFord"]
Damn, 7 gallons per mile, obviously FE powered!
Heavenlyfire
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Heavenlyfire »

Man that is really looking good Keith. Great job! Want to do mine when your done lol.
dablack00
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by dablack00 »

Lookin good Keith. Once I get my cougar on the road, then I can finally finish w/ the truck.

Go with the midnight blue. Only one thing beats a dark blue truck w/ a ford blue motor. That one thing is a black truck w/ a ford blue motor.
69F110
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 69F110 »

Keith,

WOW! That is looking awesome. I know it's a tough decision to select a colr...I have several in mind. The blue with silver metalic flake does sound good.
Steve Davis
Pastor and U.S. Army Retired

1969 F100 Ranger LWB, 390 and 3 on the tree
Chasbod
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Chasbod »

Super Nice Keith. It's easy to see you are a details guy and it's really something to think that once you are finished, that truck will have been rebuilt better than the day it came off the assembly line and built to last for a very long time.

The thing I'm most envious about is your shop space! My wife told me, "I don't care what you do with your truck....you just better not intrude on my side of the garage!"
71 F100 302/3.03 Project Truck Underway
jzjames
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by jzjames »

Kieth, I think you should come "full circle" and paint it Rangoon Red.
Its a great color for a 67 shortbed.
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by flyboy2610 »

That is really looking good, Keith! :wink:
I think your idea of painting the truck to match the car. That would look sharp. And then paint the trailer the same color scheme.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."
Red Green

If you're going to live like there's no hell...............
you'd better be right.
http://theworldasiseeit-flyboy2610.blog ... ee-it.html
67F250CS
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 67F250CS »

Lookin' Good.
Midnight Blue gets my vote.
1967 F250 Camper Special
10MPG with key off, in neutral and going downhill!