Heater core replacement any tips or pictorials

Electrical and Wiring Forum Archives
zakt
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

re: Heater core replacement any tips or pictorials

Post by zakt »

speaking of heater cores...Im thinking about pulling one out of a 95' F350 and putting the core, controls and all that mess in my 67' but of course will it all fit with alittle cut here and alittle cut there :hmm:
1972 Ford F350 crewcab
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

Anythings possible if you imagine it. And design what you need to get it in.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
justincole

Post by justincole »

Has anyone replaced the blower motor and/or heater core on a 77 with a/c ? I started in on mine today thinking it looked straight forward, I mean I'd done it in my 84 diesel and I know it wasn't really easy but I've had three of the seven I could find twist off and the darn thing still isn't loose. Am I the only one who thinks that maybe having to remove the whole heating unit to replace either the core or the motor is ridiculous :?

Ill get back after it when the sun comes back out and I can see again.
Jake11
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Jake11 »

Willow, ever do one on a Linc. Continental FWD?
Took me two full days, and lots of choice words.
Jake11
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Jake11 »

TIP!!!

After ya get it out o the cab. Take the box apart and put it in the dishwasher to get it good and clean. Then it will smell nice. :) :)
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

i took the one off my 78 w a/c it wasnt fun. and i had the cab on the ground with no front clip on it. there are alot of bolts and most of them broke off. the fan was the last thiing that came out. yes you do have to take it all the way out and apart to get at it. that kind of vacums. some of the bolts come from the inside the others come out from the firewall. if something get broke i've got some extra parts if you need them. i don't think the dishwasher would be a good place for the one i took off. i'd try a garden hose or car wash first.
Jake11
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Jake11 »

:) :)

I was kiddin. Yur wife would probably skin you.