1969 Ranger - Project Glory Days!

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

Craigerf100
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Re: 1969 Ranger - Project Glory Days!

Post by Craigerf100 »

tylerb43 wrote:Very funny guys. If you think I'm building this thing to haul, you haven't been watching very closely! :lol:

Lol yeah that goes without saying :wink:
Guess I like to be able to work my trucks... At least a little bit.

Or maybe I'm just jealous lol
My 67 Fairlane is immaculate like yours. Hasn't been rained on since 09 lol
1964 F-100 Custom Cab Short Bed
1968 F-100 Short Bed
1967 Fairlane 500 Convertable
1967 Fairlane GT/A 289ci SOLD
1950 F-1 Original 239ci Flat Head V8 SOLD
1995 f-150 4x4 Swb 4.9L 5-speed FORSALE

My Build: :fr: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... &sk=t&sd=a
67mann
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by 67mann »

tylerb43 wrote:Hey guys! I'm back on the truck, more updates soon, but here's a quick teaser pic of the bed, it's pretty ridiculous. :D

[ Image ]

Hey Tyler...Pretty Sweet Paint job :rock: Is the board(maple?)just sitting there for the pic or is that what you've pick out as the bed....gonna stain or leave it clear :?
I've had enough and I'm not alone
http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii304/67mann/
tylerb43
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by tylerb43 »

67mann wrote:Hey Tyler...Pretty Sweet Paint job :rock: Is the board(maple?)just sitting there for the pic or is that what you've pick out as the bed....gonna stain or leave it clear :?
Well, both! It's a short piece of hard maple I got for test, but it will be the type of wood for the floor. Right now I plan to clear it, which may darken it just a little, but I wanna keep it pretty light. :thup:
tylerb43
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by tylerb43 »

Okay guys - picture time.

Here's picking up the bed at Team 1 Autobody in Shrewsbury, MO (St. Louis). The bodywork and paint are just ridiculously awesome. These guys are complete pros, I felt like I couldn't thank them enough! The base blue is waterborne, and looks so deep, like you can put your hand into it! It's actually really tough to show in an iphone pic, I'll have to take some with my real camera later. The pick up was delayed by a couple of days because they were still wet sanding and buffing the inside of the bed! :lol:

This seam was a point of discussion. Factory, it was just caulked with seam sealer, but with no floor in the bed, the worry was just moving the painted bed would pop it out. I made the call to weld it, and try to make it look like a sealed joint. Now that would be tough for me, but yet again, the body guys said "no problem", and I think it looks perfect!

All secure and ready for the trip home (I don't think I went over 50 mph down I-44, haha)

And back at the shop, my brother and brother-in-law helped set the bed on the frame. I was so stoked, I invented a new end zone dance, drank a beer, and smiled for about 3 hours. :woohoo:

Since the front half of the truck was painted a year earlier than the bed, I was really worried about color match. Turns out, I could've slept easy, as it is dead-nuts on, who was I to doubt these guys? :)

The front wheels and tires were on back-order from Summit, but they finally shipped out on Tuesday, so i hope to have them by the weekend. Then I can bolt them on, sit the whole thing on the ground and get a good look at the most important characteristic of building a vehicle - the stance. I'm still a little worried that the rear is going to be too high, and be too much rake. But I guess I'll really want the weight of the bed floor/tailgate, and front sheet metal before I make the final call.
Heirloom
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Heirloom »

It's a jealously thing for me. Wish I could have a truck that didn't have to be a work truck. Very nice. I love the color. :thup:
~Heirloom

'68 F250 360, 4 spd Project Thread!
Plans are for a stout 400, C6, 3.54 gears, 33" BFG AT's, bucket seats and custom console. Final assembly, nearing start up...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~ Abraham Lincoln
sargentrs
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by sargentrs »

Tyler, that is just plain amazing! Congratulations and kudos to your friends at the body shop. Well done! :thup: :clap: :hd: :woohoo:
Last edited by sargentrs on Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Randy
1970 F100 Sport Custom Limited LWB, 302cid, 3 on the tree. NO A/C, NO P/S, NO P/B. Currently in 1000 pcs while rebuilding. Project thread: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=59995 Plan: 351w, C4, LSD, pwr front disc, p/s, a/c, bucket seats, new interior and paint.
1987 F-150 XLT Lariat, 5.0/C6 auto.
jimmy828
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by jimmy828 »

That truck is going to be turning a lot of heads. Very nice!!! :thup:
tylerb43
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by tylerb43 »

Heirloom wrote:It's a jealously thing for me. Wish I could have a truck that didn't have to be a work truck. Very nice. I love the color. :thup:
No worries, Josh, I get it. Thanks! :thup:
sargentrs wrote:Tyler, that is just plain amazing! Congratulations and kudos to your friends at the body shop. Well done! :thup: :clap: :hd: :woohoo:
Thanks Randy! Feels like I've been working on this truck forever (I know you can relate), but it's still moving forward! Thanks for the kind words! :D
jimmy828 wrote:That truck is going to be turning a lot of heads. Very nice!!! :thup:
Thank you Sir! I appreciate the compliment!
tylerb43
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by tylerb43 »

Today's update:

Here's the updated a/c compressor bracket. Welded, powdercoated, and ready to be installed. (for like the 10th time, haha)

Here are the mounting brackets I designed and made for the Mark VIII fan going in. I powdercoated those too of course. :)

And a pic of the fan installed with the new brackets. Tied in with some SS button heads.

Condenser is finally installed for good, I bent the hardlines myself. I have all the a/c flex lines crimped and installed as well. Finished the harness install down the DS inner fender.

On my white board in the shop, I've got a "underhood to-do list" going. I'd to get it finished before I bolt on the fenders, just so I'm not leaning over them all the time. The list looks something like:

-new valve cover gaskets
-complete fan wiring
-completer alternator wiring
-complete brake valve wiring
-redo throttle linkage
-install expansion tank
-mount washer fluid tank
-vacuum line to master cylinder

I'm sure they'll be additions...that's pretty much how my lists go. :D
Heirloom
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Heirloom »

Yep, jealous. Sooo jealous. Very nice work on everything. :thup: :clap:
~Heirloom

Plans are for a stout 400, C6, 3.54 gears, 33" BFG AT's, bucket seats and custom console. Final assembly, nearing start up...

~ Thomas Jefferson

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~ Abraham Lincoln
Alstoyz
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Alstoyz »

I have to agree with Josh. PURE JEALOUSY!!! Very nice work Tyler. :thup: YOU ROCK!!! :rock:
1970 F-100 SWB Tubbed
1971 F-350 4X4 (traded for 71 crewcab)
1971 F-250 Crew-Cab Dually
1972 F-100 SWB 4X4
1972 F-350 Crew-Cab 4X4 Dually
2001 F-350 Crew-Cab Short Bed 4X4 Dually
67nukeford
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 67nukeford »

Tyler, I'm just blown away at how beautiful that truck is!!!
Pat 1967 F100 4WD
LINK TO PROJECT THREAD
:http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... &sk=t&sd=a
jimmy828
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by jimmy828 »

67nukeford wrote:Tyler, I'm just blown away at how beautiful that truck is!!!
:yt:
Heirloom
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Heirloom »

Had to look again before heading out to work on mine. Not sure if it was inspirational or not.....it's too nice and makes me feel inadequate! LOL! :love:
~Heirloom

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ Abraham Lincoln
tylerb43
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by tylerb43 »

haha! Wow, you guys are too nice, thank you all for the positive comments!!

I couldn't wait, and added the Ranger emblems, they look great!

And - Summit finally sent the front wheels and tires, and what a difference they made! Had to quickly hang a fender on the DS to get some visual motivation :D

:woohoo: