Door switches for dome light

Electrical and Wiring Forum Archives
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Door switches for dome light

Post by Joe Kriston »

Was that an option or something in '69?....I can't find a trace that they were ever there other than the screw holes in the door jambs....I can find them pretty readily at a junkyard,but how do they get wired so when you open the door the dome light goes on?
This is the point...I'm....talking about everybody! I'm talking about form! I'm talking about content! I'm talking about interrelationships! I'm talking about God, the devil, hell, heaven!!!! Do you understand???? Finally!!!!
dotcentral
Preferred User
Preferred User

re: Door switches for dome light

Post by dotcentral »

get a flashlight and see if there are any wires hanging down inside the area of the door jamb where the switch mounts. A previous owner may have cut the switch off, but sometimes people just pull the plunger end off (they are a 2 piece snap together sort of switch) and let it dangle inside the front fender/jamb area..
Former owner of 70 LB SportCustom and a 71 SB SportCustom. Looking for a replacement bump!
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Here's a diagram I whipped up using the original factory wiring schematics:

____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
68F250
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 68F250 »

It was an option, I've got the whole setup, wires, switches, brackets and screws from a junker right after I bought my truck about 10 years ago, have yet to install it. :eek: It taps into the existing wiring, pretty slick!
Last edited by 68F250 on Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Barry

"Are you gonna make it all 220?"
"Yeah 220, 221, whatever it takes."
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Joe Kriston »

Thanks,Keith...

Yeah,I even stuck my hand down in there and felt around(had a hard time gettin' it back out,'tho....like the kid who gets his head stuck in the wrought iron fence :roll: )and there was no trace of any wires,and the p.o. was very meticulous...That's why I was wondering if that was optional or something...
This is the point...I'm....talking about everybody! I'm talking about form! I'm talking about content! I'm talking about interrelationships! I'm talking about God, the devil, hell, heaven!!!! Do you understand???? Finally!!!!
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Joe Kriston »

Well,Barry,the first one to install their's can tell the other how easy it was...
68F250
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 68F250 »

Well, I actually like opening the door and not having the stupid light come on, call me weird~~~
Barry

"Are you gonna make it all 220?"
"Yeah 220, 221, whatever it takes."
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Joe Kriston »

Wierd