Highliner headliner.

Show us your rides or projects!

Moderator: FORDification

amishbuggy

Highliner headliner.

Post by amishbuggy »

I was finally able to put my trucks stock radio back in thanks to "flyboy2610" who helped me out with the radio bezel that I was missing. I didn't power it up because I was then able to install a new radio in my Highliner headliner along with my CB. I'll tell you that it was a pain in the a$$, now I just have to figure out a way to trim it out, the stock chrome trim won't work because of the speakers, I won't be in to much off a rush because it looks a lot better in person than it does in these couple of pics.
I have to put the caps on the two screws (if I can find them)
f100fordtruck

Re: Highliner headliner.

Post by f100fordtruck »

now that i finally see one of these installed, i want one in both my trucks
I'll get it one piece at a time and it wont cost me a dime...
amishbuggy

Post by amishbuggy »

If you order from dashtop.com instead of lmc you can save about $50, you just have to wait awile to get one. I bought a set of $24 4in speakers from wally world this weekend and they sound a little better and look alot better than the ones that come with the headliner.
f100fordtruck

Post by f100fordtruck »

amishbuggy wrote:If you order from dashtop.com instead of lmc you can save about $50, you just have to wait awile to get one. I bought a set of $24 4in speakers from wally world this weekend and they sound a little better and look alot better than the ones that come with the headliner.
yea 10-4, noticed you got a CB up there to, cobra, to bad its the one with bluetooth
amishbuggy

Post by amishbuggy »

I think the CB works great, the blue tooth works better then the one in my car and I like the weather band. All and all I think it's a excellent unit.
f100fordtruck

Post by f100fordtruck »

amishbuggy wrote:I think the CB works great, the blue tooth works better then the one in my car and I like the weather band. All and all I think it's a excellent unit.
ahh, most people dont use the bluetooth, like me, i got a galaxy 33 in my truck.
amishbuggy

Post by amishbuggy »

Well you got a fine radio, I don't use the CB much, but I'm always using the blue tooth and I put alot of miles on my truck in the summer. The cobra has a pretty good range and I can leave the mic where it is when using the phone. I think it's a good idea to have an alternative form a of communications just in case.