Anybody hunt or shoot?

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

1982 flareside
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Anybody hunt or shoot?

Post by 1982 flareside »

I was wondering if anybody hunt or shoot. If so wat is your favorite company.

If you dont like firearms or hunting or shooting. Please dont get in a big arguement over this, i dont mean anything thing to offend you

My favorite firearm company is proberly Remington because of their 870 shotguns love them. The AK-47 of shotguns tough and relable. I aint a big bow hunter but i like the old bear brand bows.
Jeremy
1971 Ford F250 camper special 360 T18(old model) 4 speed 4.11 gears 2wd with 1969 doghouse soon to be daily driver FRANKENFORD
1982 Ford F150 flareside 300 T18(new model) 4 speed 4.11 gears 4wd Daily driver

Some people say my truck is ugly and all i say is "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Anybody hunt or shoot?

Post by fordman »

i have a some weapons. but i havent used them in years. as far as favorites. im not that far into it to have favorites. i dotn think i could even tell you who made the weapons i have.
dustman_stx
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by dustman_stx »

Depends on what type of firearm you are talking about. For some reason I'm partial to Rugers when it comes to wheelguns (revolvers). Built tough, affordable, and shoot well. Of the semi-auto handguns I've owned, I really like the Springfield XD. I have a Ruger KP345PR that I like too, but it's more of an acquired taste. As far as rifles, I have to admit I like the Savage brand, even though I don't own one. I have a friend that has one that'll shoot a lot more accurately than just about anyone can hold. I am also fond of my step-dad's Ruger model 77, but the trigger does leave a lot to be desired. It's a shootin' dude also, but you do have to concentrate on your trigger pull. As far as shotguns- no real preference, but I agree that you probably can't go wrong with a Remington. As for bows, I own and hunt with a Mathews. It was a toss up between it and a Bowtech. Just shoot any bow from 20 years ago for a while, and ANY new bow will be incredible.

Edit: I also have a Weatherby Vanguard Deluxe that I won in a contest a while back, and it's so pretty I haven't even brought myself to fire it yet. I know it's crazy, but it's way beyond what I've ever had the budget for and so it's become a safe queen for the moment. I have no doubt it'll be a very good shooter- all Weatherby's come with an accuracy guarantee.
Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

Gamo :)

Shooting online, the FAMAS or M4A1
Jamie
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.
67F110

Post by 67F110 »

A couple of weekends ago my son and I went out to a quarry well known in our area as a place to shoot. We needed to burn through a brick of .22 ammo and give the 870 some air. When we got to the quarry, there was a large group all set up with canopies and shooting benches and some nice targets. The most mundane weapons they had were AR15s, of which there were at least a dozen. There were about 4 belt fed machine guns on tripods, and a Barrett 50 cal. I had some serious black gun envy. I told my son to leave the guns in the truck.... it would have been embarrassing to walk out there with my Remington bolt action .22, as a good a gun as it is. We stood there for a half hour and watched them burn through probably $1k in ammo, the whole time making guesses on how much the day cost that group in total. After that we found another smaller spot a couple of miles down the road. We got out our guns and plinked at cans and obliterated them with the 12 ga. until we were tired of shooting. 600 or so rounds that probably cost $10. I do still have some black gun envy.
RTG_RACING
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by RTG_RACING »

I shoot and collect. I have a couple Kimber .45s. I have an ar10 and ar15. I have a 700 in 300 win mag. Few 12 gauge shottys. My dad has an AMAC .50 bmg that I love so much but to much money and no real use for it. Well untill martial law.
1982 flareside
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 1982 flareside »

Well didnt really specify ok lets do this.

Semi auto pistol -1911 (just the design is great)
Revolver- i love the old model Smith Wesson (
Bolt action - rifle it hard one but i have a mauser 98 sporter in 243 it shoots great.
Semi auto rifle- M1A (my uncle served in vietnam he used a M14 and bought me that rifle.)
Pump shotgun -Remington 870
Semi auto Shotgun-Not a big fan but Remington 1100.
Jeremy
1971 Ford F250 camper special 360 T18(old model) 4 speed 4.11 gears 2wd with 1969 doghouse soon to be daily driver FRANKENFORD

Some people say my truck is ugly and all i say is "Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
bluemoose

Post by bluemoose »

I bow hunt with a Fred Bear.
I like plinking with Springfield semi auto .22's. I have a pair of them from the 1920-30's.
Rifle hunting is with Springfield 1903 in 30.06. Original from WW1. This one is for long range.
Winchester .44 mag lever action for a brush gun.
Marlin 30.30 lever action for mid range.
Handgun hunting with a Ruger super blackhawk bisley hunter in .44 mag.
Home defense and carry is a taurus .38 special 2" or Colt 1911.

I haven't gotten into shotguns yet, but would love to do some trap shooting.

Moose (no I don't shoot them :D )
Redcap
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Redcap »

I hunt all manners of creature.

I'm a big fan of H&K (my daily carry weapon is a USP .45) and Colt for semi auto pistols, S&W and Ruger for revolvers, FN and Savage for rifles and Mossberg & Baikal for shotguns.
dustman_stx
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by dustman_stx »

bluemoose wrote:I bow hunt with a Fred Bear.
I like plinking with Springfield semi auto .22's. I have a pair of them from the 1920-30's.
Rifle hunting is with Springfield 1903 in 30.06. Original from WW1. This one is for long range.

I've got a Winchester Model 94 in 44 mag also that I'm quite fond of. If it weren't for the tang safety and rebounding hammer, it'd be just about perfect(So basically it needs to be made like the pre-lawyerized 94's). It is the Trapper model with the 16" barrel and big loop lever. I had a Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter in 44 mag that I hunted with quite a bit. I sold it when doing my last engine build. I am particularly fond of my GP100 .357 mag at the moment. I've worked up some loads for it and it is a pretty good shooter. I have to admit that I have a Marlin 22 mag bolt action that gets as much use as anything. Not that expensive to shoot, low level of noise, but still enough power and accuracy to be more useful than most run of the mill 22LR's.
DuckRyder

Post by DuckRyder »

Colt makes most of my favorite things from a firearm point of view...although for rimfires some of the finest in my opinion are built by Česká Zbrojovka - Uherský Brod (CZ)
Robert
1972 F100 Ranger XLT (445/C6/9” 3.50 Truetrac)

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Jeff Cooper
OldRedFord
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by OldRedFord »

A few of you know that all I have is a Ruger 10-22 rifle. Id like to go target shooting but do not know of any places close by. I use it for killing copper heads around the house. I do know I want to get a revolver next, and something for home protection.
Tim

1972 F350 flatbed drw c6/390
1967 F600 project truck
1982 flareside
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 1982 flareside »

bluemoose wrote:I bow hunt with a Fred Bear.

My brother owns a 1903 A4 love shooting it his is a marine corps sniper. Has a long scope that aint to powerful but fun. I also own a trap gun i had a bt99 then bought a new 870 wingmaster classic trap
Jeremy

papabug71
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by papabug71 »

I shoot skeet & shotgun hunt. I have a few rifles, but mostly shotguns.

My favorite by far is my Browning BPS 10 gauge. Its an all out massive firearm.
Matt
1971 F-100 Sport Custom - My grandpaws truck
Been in the family since 10/3/'71 (Brand spankin' new)
Mine since 5/7/'94
302 / 3 speed / 3:25's
--Currently undergoing full frame off resto/mod--
1982 flareside
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by 1982 flareside »

papabug71 wrote:I shoot skeet & shotgun hunt. I have a few rifles, but mostly shotguns.

My favorite by far is my Browning BPS 10 gauge. Its an all out massive firearm.
Wat you hunting witha 10 gauge elephants hahah :lol:
Jeremy