I ran myself over last night

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

sacramento_ford
Preferred User
Preferred User

I ran myself over last night

Post by sacramento_ford »

ok, so you guys know im homeless. so i wake up and have a 40 year old urinal moment. im like panicking cause i gonna pee my pants. so i drive around the corner jump out and pee with the door open. im knocked down by the door. omg im panicking to get up, feeling dragged 2am , half asleep ,struggling to get up to put the car in park cause i left it in reverse, im so freaked out , i suddenly manage to get up and run to put it in park. then i top it off SOAKED in urine ,, nice..
69rangerf100
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Re: I ran myself over last night

Post by 69rangerf100 »

sorry to hear that man. just remember everything happens for a reason. and the is always a brighter side to everything. and im not a religious nut but just remember things wouldnt be put on our plate if we werent strong enough to handle them. good luck and i hope things get better for you soon
David

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today - James Dean

Daily Driver - 1998 Honda Accord
Wife's Ride - 2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Project - My Dad's 1969 F100 Ranger 390 w/ 3spd manual coming soon PS, PB, A/C and alot of paint and body work - Miss you Dad
http://s936.photobucket.com/albums/ad208/69rangerf100/
ezernut9mm
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ezernut9mm »

what? homeless? clean that piss off and come stay in my basement. it ain't much, but it's got running water and a dry floor. seriously. if you can make it to missouri, you can stay here. damn. hate to hear that.
wanting to buy a mercury tailgate!
"the man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it".- woodrow wilson

ImageImageImage
sacramento_ford
Preferred User
Preferred User

thanks for the offer, kinda scared the crap outta me, getting knoced down and dragged trying to get up and put my truck in park.,,, yeah i was sober
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

C-4 transmission? There was a recall way-back when on the C-4's due to this.
Glad you're ok man!
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
wt4speed#2
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by wt4speed#2 »

ezernut9mm wrote:what? homeless? clean that piss off and come stay in my basement. it ain't much, but it's got running water and a dry floor. seriously. if you can make it to missouri, you can stay here. damn. hate to hear that.
HHHHMMM dry basement with running water in KC. Will keep that in mind for future refernce, say does the snow still fall there in april? :D
Tony B.Image
DFW Area
"Someday...
I hope you to get the chance,
to live like you are dying"
Member#'s 236 & 403
Úlf the Comedy Sidekick
'69 F-100 "Stepper"(currently in a bigillion pieces )
wt's ride
thebucket
binder56jd
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by binder56jd »

ya need to start saving the gatorade bottles-------pee can :wink: or find a more secluded campsite :thup:

desperate times call for desperate measures and these are those times here and around the world

find a 24 hr walmart--it is a safe haven for truck driver parking--they'll never notice an old pickup
"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here" — Jack Nicholson, As Good As it Gets

now serving #235

"the only way to believe in the American dream is to be asleep"--GC

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct. - Benjamin Disraeli
Ranchero50

Post by Ranchero50 »

:yt:

Local Walmarts are great, only bad thing is the parking lots are lighted but I guess if you throw a tarp over the cab roof...

Have you considered getting a camper or even a topper to sleep under?

Pickup campers can be had for under $500 around here. Post up a CL ad and see what happens.

BTW, the story is pretty funny

Jamie
'70 F-350 CS Cummins 6BT 10klb truck 64k mile Bahama Blue

Contact me for CNC Dome Lamp Bezels and Ash Tray pulls.
sacramento_ford
Preferred User
Preferred User

yeah sure its funny,a day earlier i was laughing at some show bout some criminal who was on a highspeed chase and speed bumped himself on the curb and ran over his legs, the irony
Caseys71
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by Caseys71 »

Sorry to hear about it. Things will get better for you though! And the gotta get worse before they can get better right? Maybe this is the point at which things will get better for you! Until then we will keep you in our prayers :pray:.
Casey
16 years old with a 40 year old truck (well almost)
1971 F-100302, T-18 4 speed, 3:55 rear, & an Edelbrock sticker on the ashtray.
"Don't worry about what you become, just make sure that you're successful at what you do."- Mr. English
"Value what you DO have over that which you don't."- Forrestbump
"Wanting can sometimes be better than having, never stop dreaming... it's what keeps us all going."- Forrestbump
1984 Toyota 4x4: 22-R, 5-speed, 3" suspension lift, 35's and 5:29's
67F110

Post by 67F110 »

basketcase0302 wrote:C-4 transmission? There was a recall way-back when on the C-4's due to this.
Glad you're ok man!
anybody know the specifics on this? My '75 Bronco has done this a time or two.
ezernut9mm
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ezernut9mm »

wt4speed#2 wrote:
ezernut9mm wrote:what? homeless? clean that piss off and come stay in my basement. it ain't much, but it's got running water and a dry floor. seriously. if you can make it to missouri, you can stay here. damn. hate to hear that.
HHHHMMM dry basement with running water in KC. Will keep that in mind for future refernce, say does the snow still fall there in april? :D
yes it does tony. but since i didn't get a spot at the swap meet this year it was warm and sunny all weekend. lol
wanting to buy a mercury tailgate!
"the man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it".- woodrow wilson

ImageImageImage
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

it nthink the recall was all ford automatic trannies, but not do to the trannie but do to the knob inside the column wearing down and not catching. also i think Sac, said he left it in reverse by accident while trying to avoid soaking self.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
AlleyCat
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by AlleyCat »

67F110 wrote:
basketcase0302 wrote:C-4 transmission? There was a recall way-back when on the C-4's due to this.
Glad you're ok man!
anybody know the specifics on this? My '75 Bronco has done this a time or two.
Ford did indeed do some sort of recall. I remember seeing a decal on doors reminding you to set the parking brake after you put it in park.
Clay

72 F100 4x2 Custom,289, C4 " Slow Ride "
70 F250 4x2 Ranger XLT , 360, C6 "B52 - IV"
96 F150 4x2 XL, 300, E4OD, daily driver

" Professional Wrecker Operators - We Pull for America "