No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

theskytoucher
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: Insuring your bump

Post by theskytoucher »

Tycho wrote:
bigredball90 wrote:mine is insured through regular allstate. Im 19 truck is in my parents name though. I beleive its about 500-550 every 6 months. More expensive the the previous mustang gts i had. No emmissions im in florida.
That's insane. I pay that on a V6 Camry, although its for state minimum (no replacement or anything) and I do have an accident on my record.

I have a daily driver, truck cannot be garaged since it's too big. I'm looking for a low mileage minimum coverage type deal so I can move it between shops legally and perhaps occasionally take it out in the dirt.
theskytoucher wrote:I havent had insurance on my truck for a couple years now so the last time was around when i was 20 and i think i payed $68 per month through state farm regular insurance! And i live in az!
I'm 21, what company was that through and what kind of coverage? I only want liability. Not the hardest truck in the world to steal and also not the most valuable. :lol:
This was through state farm and was liability plus 10,000 in medical!
-Troy-

1996 Dodge ram 1500 4x4
1976 Ford F-150 4x4

Quando Omni Flunkus Mortadi
When all else Fails Play Dead
cdeal28078
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by cdeal28078 »

I drive my 71 F100 year round but just got a Cherokee on the road I will use most of the time now. I am on my regular insurance right now but am going to change it this week to Haggart. If I insure it from $5000 it is going to be right around $100 a year. I am in NC and have no inspection at all here. Not even a safety inspection for anything older than 25 years I think. Emission testing is only on car 96 and newer. I am going to phase all of my stuff to 95 and older except something for the wife to drive. The Jeep is a 90 so just a safety on it.
How in the devil do you get a 67-72 Ford to pass an emission test? Surely it is not held to the same standards as a new car or truck?
clint
71 F100 SportCustom
460 C6. Disc Brake/Power-steering/automatic Swap. 3.00
1986 Bronco 5.0 AOD
AlleyCat
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by AlleyCat »

cdeal28078 wrote: How in the devil do you get a 67-72 Ford to pass an emission test? Surely it is not held to the same standards as a new car or truck?
clint
Clint, testing is done to whatever the standards were for those years. PCV became standard in I think 1962. Vehicles built for sale in Cali have long had stricter standards than the other 49 states. :)
Clay

72 F100 4x2 Custom,289, C4 " Slow Ride "
70 F250 4x2 Ranger XLT , 360, C6 "B52 - IV"
96 F150 4x2 XL, 300, E4OD, daily driver

" Professional Wrecker Operators - We Pull for America "
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

in cali i think some of the cars required smog pumps/A.I.R. pumps as early as 1969 maybe earlier maybe later, not sure when the ford pickup got them in cali. but I Have looked up heads for a 390 and have been asked with or with out smog tubes. unless the parts counter computer is just set up to always ask this. :dk:
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com