Parts store rant.

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

AustinTom

Re: Parts store rant.

Post by AustinTom »

I usually only go to a certain OReilly's, and I call ahead to check if my guy is in. Otherwise I look up the numbers on the internet. Yesterday though, I went the the OReilly's closer to my house, due to time crunch, and walked away extremely pissed. Didn't mind the confusion of the idiot behind the counter, but the fact that he was extremely rude to me about how the "unavailable" parts wouldn't fit my truck due to the engine coming out of something much newer. Asked for the manager and had him compare the parts to the old ones I bought in, showed the punk that they, in fact, the same, and left. The NAPA across the street didn't give me any problems.
69 F-100 lwb 240 Np435
95 F-150 lwb 4x4

http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n85/ ... type=local
71Ford100
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 71Ford100 »

The Napa in Cheyenne is where I normally go because not only do they have automotive stuff and they have stuff for tractors and equipment (and catalogs along the wall to cross reference not the damn computer)....also helps that one of them is my neighbor!
Lance Peters
'72 250 4x4 project,''71 F-100 daily driver,69 F-250 4x4 Crew, '68 F-100, '68 F-250 crew under restoration, '52 Dodge 1/2 ton overload, gazillion tractors and combines
fordguy63080

Post by fordguy63080 »

hey now guys I know what exactly what your talking about. I work for a chain auto parts but there are still some of us who actually still care about the little guy being one myself and dealing with different auto parts stores for years. I just decided to be the one behind the counter and give the average joe what they were looking for. I am a assistant manager and try to train my crew to get everything out of the paper catalogs and to get those old hard to find parts and anything pre 1970 is my favorite thing. So all of us or not school kids who mommy and daddy made get a job.Just have to look around even the chains it won't take long to find out who knows what and then you have a friend for life......................Look me up......fordguy