has anyone redone their bench seat?

Inside the cab...appearance, repair, upgrades

Moderator: FORDification

edmccloughloch

re: has anyone redone their bench seat?

Post by edmccloughloch »

The new seat vinyl has vertical bars....similar to what was on there before...but on the old vinyl the bars were wider and flat, on this one they are raised and thinner. I haven't done the bench yet....I hope they will line up....that'll be something to look out for I guess..
The Landlord: "Are you guys starting an automobile repair shop out of my house or something?"

"No, these are all our cars."

"The three of you have eleven cars???"
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Joe Kriston »

Ford seemed to have a lot of seat combinations in those years...I'd like to find a cloth brownish plaid for my Explorer,but I'll probably settle for something that looks period correct...
This is the point...I'm....talking about everybody! I'm talking about form! I'm talking about content! I'm talking about interrelationships! I'm talking about God, the devil, hell, heaven!!!! Do you understand???? Finally!!!!
dcbullet
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by dcbullet »

Great tutorial Ed!

I look forward to hearing about your bench seat experience. That's my "problem" area.

Yeah, I'm sure Cooks is pretty expensive but it seemed worth it and it was my insurance company's preferred body shop.
edmccloughloch

Post by edmccloughloch »

Yeah, I went there with my mom to pay out of pocket for a broken taillight and slightly dented quarter panel...2000 dollars ouch.....but hey if insurance is paying, why not take it there....
The Landlord: "Are you guys starting an automobile repair shop out of my house or something?"

edmccloughloch

Post by edmccloughloch »

Also, on the bench seat, I'm doing the bottom right now....I'll update on how it turns out...and post pictures of everything tommorrow.

crazyace99million

Post by crazyace99million »

spartman wrote:I thought LMC carried new foam for these seats.
If not try dennis carpenter.
they do, but not for the 67-72, if you look, it states earlier years, cant remember the exact.