Tim

1972 F350 flatbed drw c6/390
1967 F600 project truck
dbarker
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: Any one on here have any tractors?

Post by dbarker »

dbarker wrote:Over the summer I found this baby on Craigs for a song.

1970 Ford 3000 w/ 5' brush deck. Speedometer is out of commission but i don't care. Gas engine.
Exhaust has also been rerouted down and dumps behind the driver like a car. no exhaust in the face!

Started her up today, first time since the end of the season last year. We never got her out to mow last year, bought her at the end of the season, Dad's not fond of it and I wasnt capable.

Turned on the gas flow, set the choke, put it in neutral, and turned the key... took a couple of seconds but she fired right up.

Ran the rear lift on the deck to make sure things were still working. Gonna love that tractor...
FreakysFords
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by FreakysFords »

Keep forgetting to get pics, but here's my latest.

It's got all it's sheet metal now, but ya gotta love the hillbilly look :D

MF 35 Perkins diesel w/ factory remote. . . . . less than $100 invested from purchase to ready to work. Adapting a 60" deck from a MF ZD33 mower, to put a belly mower on it for the front lot.
Darlin 69 Ranger 390 4v, PS, DS II, disc front, 3G alternator, 67 mirror.
FLATBEDFORD
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by FLATBEDFORD »

I have a tractor now! Picked this up last week. '68 Cub Cadet 125 with 36" snow blower, 42" deck, 42" blade, and an Agrifab sweeper. I paid $600 for everything and it all seems to work fine.
On the old truck
I bought this on Mrs. flatbedford's birthday so I hadto let her take it for a ride around the lawn.
The plow is in great shape hardly any rust on it. Must not have been used much.
Steve

1970 F350 DRW Factory 9' Platform/Stake, 360, T18.
Passed on to new care taker July, 2013

My Photo Gallery
http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/flatbedford/
RTG_RACING
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by RTG_RACING »

48 8N here. I love it.
cdeal28078
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by cdeal28078 »

My tractor is a 1967 Simplicity Landlord 12hp with hydraulic lift front and back. Yeah I know it is a toy compared to what you guys have but it's all I need and is one tough little tractor. Has tractor tires on back and will pull a single turn plow good enough to plant my garden with each year. I also have cultivators and a tiller. Oh and a blade for the front. I can spread gravel and keep my driveway right with it.
clint
71 F100 SportCustom
460 C6. Disc Brake/Power-steering/automatic Swap. 3.00
1986 Bronco 5.0 AOD
Happy_Camper
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Happy_Camper »

My goal is to eventually have a 1953 Golden Jubilee. All ready have the brochure, the tin sign, and a model of it in the office.
Went to a great Antique farm equipment show in Tulare, CA in '08. So much amazing stuff, I felt like a little kid in a candy store. :D
Scott
1972 F250 Explorer C/S, 390-2V, Dual exhaust, C6, Goose neck ball in bed
New and improved with Tilt Wheel, Intermittent Wipers, 2005 Bench seat and 5th wheel camper!...
Life is *very* good!
Helge71

Post by Helge71 »

I just finished restoring my 1967 MF 165...great tractor and just 1 year older than my F250. A nice pair for making firewood and general playing around. Although the MF may be a bit large for a small yard.

I had a 1958 Porsche Diesel before but i sold it last year. A very neat little aircooled tractor for smaller yards. I only sold it because it was too light when trying to brake heavy trailers downhill...

I have no experience with newer tractors but the farmer friends i have all swear on the newer Fendt tractors...

Helge
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1972 Ford F250 Ranger XLT Highboy
Farmall

Post by Farmall »

I've had some Farmall's but none at the moment. I'd like to get on old F-20 and another Super C but, not enough room to keep them inside (yet).
I also collect IH Cub Cadet garden tractors and have 4 at the moment. One with a loader and one I stretched the frame on and put a grader under it.
We just had our websites plow day last weekend in Scottdale, PA. Turned about 18 acres with Cub Cadets and we also get a weight transfer sled to play with.
No points or regulations on the sled, just safety (for the most part) and bragging rights along with a little cheating and lying.
I also used the bump to bring them home.
Sometimes the mind, for reasons we don't necessarily understand, just decides to go to the store for a quart of milk.
My Truck
R.Smith
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by R.Smith »

I just got a Super C...for super FREE! With a plow and set of cultivators too!

Of course, it's been sitting at the edge of the woods for 30 years, is stuck in gear and when I pulled the oil pan plug what appeared to be brand new anti freeze came out. Not a drop of oil, just neon green anti freeze. Doesn't really make sense. Crank looks fine though. Go figure. I plan to go by it's location today and pour water in the radiator to see what happens. I'm hopin against hope that someone accidently poured antifreeze in the oil fill thinking it would keep it from freezing up or just out of stupidity. I just don't see how antifreeze out of the radiator could look so new.

Either way, I'm gonna restore it. If the block is cracked I'll fix it or find another. I really like this tractor. It's small enough for truck farming, has a dual PTO, hydraulics and appears to be all original and complete with all the original knobs and such. Even has the original lenses in the lights.
R.Smith
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by R.Smith »

Small world dept. A neighbor wanted me to smoke some ribs for her son who was in from San Antonio. I didn't have any hickory so I called my wood pusher for a hookup. When I got there he asked if I liked old tractors and took me to the Super C. Turns out the house was my brothers in laws great grandfathers farm, sold off when my b n law was a kid. I called him and asked about the tractor and he says his great G pa used to give him rides on a red one. My B n law doesn't know a Farmall from a VW so he can't positively say it's the same tractor but, I willing to bet it is.
Farmall

Post by Farmall »

When I lived in WV, I helped farm a couple acres of cane and we made sorghum the old way in the fall.
Here is a link to an article I wrote for Farm Collector back in 08. Click on the image gallery links for some more pictures.
http://www.farmcollector.com/Farm-life/ ... -Cane.aspx

There's the sound of a few things that I never get tired of......
A Super C pulling hard on a set of discs.

And, my Original Cub Cadet with a 7hp Kohler pulling a 10" plow in second gear.
Sometimes the mind, for reasons we don't necessarily understand, just decides to go to the store for a quart of milk.
My Truck
R.Smith
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by R.Smith »

Is that you in the pic? The expression on your face says it all.

Is sorghum the same as cane cyrup? I use either cane syrup or Karo in my BBQ sauce. I've always wondered what sorghum would taste like.

I filled the radiator on the Super C up yeasterday. It took about 2 gallons, maybe more. I don't know how full the block is but when I checked it today the level in the radiator was the same and there was nothing in the pan so, either there's a crack that's still above the water level in the block or head, the crack is rusted shut or there is no crack and the anti freeze got in there some other way.

I still can't get it out of gear either. I pulled the shifter and can shift the forks for 1 and 2 but 3 4 and R are stuck tight. Clutch has no effect. The forks are lined up in neutral though so who knows what's going on inside. I won't be able to do anything with it until I can get the cover off and, since all the bolt heads are rusted round I'm gonna have to weld a piece of square to each one. Tomorrow I'll have it drug up on a roll back for the trip to tractor ER.
Happy_Camper
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Happy_Camper »

Post pictures of the surgery!
Inquiring minds gotta know... ;)
Scott
1972 F250 Explorer C/S, 390-2V, Dual exhaust, C6, Goose neck ball in bed
New and improved with Tilt Wheel, Intermittent Wipers, 2005 Bench seat and 5th wheel camper!...
Life is *very* good!
Farmall

Post by Farmall »

R. Smith,
Yup, that's me.

Sorghum is basically molasses. I honestly don't know the difference, they look the same.
I know my wife can make some seriously good molasses crinkle cookies with it and, it's not too bad on biscuits either!
My Truck