North Texas Bump Meet and Greet

List car shows, swap meets, meetings here

Moderator: FORDification

wt4speed#2
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Re: North Texas Bump Meet and Greet

Post by wt4speed#2 »

I'm subscribing to this thread,as I missed it somehow. At the rate I'm going I'll have mine back together about the time my grandbaby graduates college,she's 2. Some of you may know me , I'm not afraid to travel a bit just to shake hands with a fellow fordification member. One of these days I'll pull up in my "stepper" and ya'll will say hey Tony really does have a truck. Keep this going and I'll see ya in feb.
Tony B.Image
DFW Area
"Someday...
I hope you to get the chance,
to live like you are dying"
Member#'s 236 & 403
Úlf the Comedy Sidekick
'69 F-100 "Stepper"(currently in a bigillion pieces )
wt's ride
thebucket
indytexan929

Post by indytexan929 »

Awesome!! The wife and I are really excited about the response for this.
1968 F100
1992 F150 4X4
2002 Ranger Edge
wt4speed#2
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by wt4speed#2 »

Another idea might be the swap meet @ La grave field in Ft Worth. If you are wanting to make this a reagular event I believe that they have those every quarter(or 3mnths if you will) this might attract members from a little further out or nearby states with the proper promotion . I'm thinking that there is one comming up at yhe end of this month.
Tony B.Image
DFW Area
"Someday...
Member#'s 236 & 403
Úlf the Comedy Sidekick
wt's ride
thebucket
dustman_stx
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by dustman_stx »

Sounds like fun. I can't make any promises, but I'd try to make it. Might not be in the bump, though. Would cost me close to $40 round trip, and it's only about an hour and a half each way.
fitzwell
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by fitzwell »

sign me up.... Had the '69 out for a run sat. Still ugly as sin, but fun to drive. Tony, how goes the stepside??
As a metter of fact, i AM trying to keep up with the Jones'
Driving like Parnelli, Drinkin' like George
-------------------------------------------------------
indytexan929

Post by indytexan929 »

The swap meet at Lagrave Field sounds like a great event, thanks for the info. They are having the Spring Meet on April 10th and 11th (http://www.deanearhart.com), so I'm thinking of moving the North Texas "West" Meet and Greet to April to coincide with that event. I'd like to do a meet and greet once a month at various places in the North Texas Area. I don't necessarily plan on staying just in the immediate DFW area either, I plan on places like Gainesville, Hillsboro, Terrell, Mineral Wells, etc. I would like to include as many people as possible, but I know that realistically, not everyone can make every event. Thats why I want to take this all over the place so everyone has a chance to meet fellow Fordificators (wow, that almost sounds dirty :evil: ), check out each others rides, and share ideas!

I am so glad that everyone is jumping on board, and really looking forward to meeting all of you. But if right now, the Denton Meet and Greet on Feb. 6th is a little too far for you, its ok, we will be coming to a location near you real soon!

In the time between meets, if anyone has ideas for places to meet, lets hear them! Since we are starting in the North in February, the March meet will be in the East, April in Ft. Worth to catch the West, rolling South in May, and then I'd like to meet in Dallas in June for the central folks. In June I'd like to meet at the old Ford assembly plant on I-30 (where my '68 "Victory" was built), and then cruise to Dreamland Cemetary to see the grave of Stevie Ray Vaughan. Starting in July, we will start over, and if special events happen (swap meets, car shows, holidays, etc.) we can plan those meets to coincide with the special events.
:fr: :fr: :fr: :fr: :fr: :fr: :fr: :fr: :fr: :fr: :fr: :fr: :fr: :fr: :fr: :fr: :fr: :fr:
1968 F100
1992 F150 4X4
2002 Ranger Edge
fireguywtc
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fireguywtc »

I work the 6th and 7th so I won't be able to make that, Sorry I didn't catch that sooner and that I have to work. WIll see you all another time.
Bill
1967 F-250 LWB 2WD 352 V8, 4spd manual, true duals, 122k original miles (currently being restored)
1970 F-250 4x4 highboy ranger 390 V8, 4spd
2012 F-350 PSD FX4 LWB CC lariat, white
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... hp?uid=602
"If you want to judge a person's true character, give them power."
indytexan929

Post by indytexan929 »

fireguywtc wrote:I work the 6th and 7th so I won't be able to make that, Sorry I didn't catch that sooner and that I have to work. WIll see you all another time.
Ugghhh, sometimes work gets in the way doesn't it? :doh:
1968 F100
1992 F150 4X4
2002 Ranger Edge
wt4speed#2
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by wt4speed#2 »

fitzwell wrote:sign me up.... Had the '69 out for a run sat. Still ugly as sin, but fun to drive. Tony, how goes the stepside??
Well if my better half opts out I can cruise with you (or stroll in your older truck that would be cool) she'll probably go either way. As for the garge orniment I could type here all day or bend your ear a little in a couple of weeks. Part of my resolution is to have her ready for sonic cruise night this spring and summer(even if only cab and chassis)in an under constuction mode. The friggin cold hurts more this year for some reason. Heads full of ideas just can't seem to get them out thur the finger tips. it's gonna happen. As this gets closer let me know what your plan is.

Has the location and time for the Denton event been disclosed (i'm lazy and haven't completely read the whole thread)
Tony B.Image
DFW Area
"Someday...
Member#'s 236 & 403
Úlf the Comedy Sidekick
wt's ride
thebucket
indytexan929

Post by indytexan929 »

The Denton Meet and greet will take place at Frosty's Drive N, 1002 Fort Worth Drive, Denton, TX 76205, at 1pm.

:fr:
1968 F100
1992 F150 4X4
2002 Ranger Edge
hot_roder09

Post by hot_roder09 »

can't make feb 6 but the next one's i can so what ever works for you guy's i will work in
65 F100 swb 302 project
67 dodge coronet 440 also wife's car great mopar though
2005 dodge ram 3500
2008 dodge ram 1500 cc
ivansgreat

Post by ivansgreat »

I decided to make this electronic flyer for the meet, just for fun, and to inform. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys on the 6th.

Ivan

1968 F100 2wd
brandon.k
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by brandon.k »

Thats pretty kool Ivan. That would make a really kool poster.
ImageImage
indytexan929

Post by indytexan929 »

ivansgreat wrote:I decided to make this electronic flyer for the meet, just for fun, and to inform. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys on the 6th.

THATS THE COOLEST POSTER!! Thanks for doing that!!! If its ok, I'm going to print it off and take it to Frosty's to hang in their window, and maybe a couple of auto parts stores here in the area.
1968 F100
1992 F150 4X4
2002 Ranger Edge
ivansgreat

Post by ivansgreat »

Yeah, you can print it out if you'd like.

I forgot to mention the source of the images. Where else other than "www.fordification.com". Thanks to Keith for uploading all the great images to the literature library.
Ivan

1968 F100 2wd