Darlin, a 69 Ranger SWB

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

FreakysFords
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Re: Darlin, a 69 Ranger SWB

Post by FreakysFords »

Ceeeegaaars must be stuck in IM system. :wink:

Many thanks. This is our 4th grandchild, but my youngest's first.

http://s1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh5 ... MiaPhotos/
Darlin 69 Ranger 390 4v, PS, DS II, disc front, 3G alternator, 67 mirror.
FreakysFords
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by FreakysFords »

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I can get back on FORDification.com! Been months now.
I was completely unable to view topics from my pc, server OR Droid. I finally wised up and saw the thread on the .net site and problem solved.

Google brought up multiple threads that I assume were on fixing the issue, but I couldn't read them. Maybe a chance of adding a small link on the homepage to link ppl to the fix?? dunno.

Anyway, YEEEEHAWWWW. Gotta get back to digging. Darlin's screaming for the next session.
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by basketcase0302 »

Good to seeya' back Frank, now bout those ceegars... :lol:
Was down your way, (Fort Payne) back in September and thought about you man.
Just not enough hours in a day! :(
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4
FreakysFords
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by FreakysFords »

I know what ya mean! This 24/7 is getting to be more than I can handle. I think I might............. MIGHT, potentially be getting to old for 120+ hrs a week.
Perhaps it's time for a slow down of sorts.
We're trying to get a small low end car lot going in Piedmont, AL. If it works out, I'll have to (ever so sadly. LOL) give up all this lifetime on-call work.
If that doesn't work, something will!
FreakysFords
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by FreakysFords »

Well........ Um......
Kinda just gave up all hobbies and temptations and focused on getting us in better shape. Took a heck of a long time, but we're there.

Kay went way down hill and for a long time, couldn't walk more than a few feet. Finally found the right surgeons at UAB and she's had a major thoracic bypass that she's now recovered from, been through rehab and is now in MUCH better shape. She can walk for good lengths and quality of life is much better. She's on oxygen 24/7 and has been for a few years now, but she's better.

Youngest Daughter gave us grandchild #5 Feb 22, 2017. Logan is a happy healthy brute of a grandson! She then promptly lost her cancerous spouse and we talked her into moving home. Separated our house into two separate dwellings and she has her own place, but I get to see my daughter and two youngest grandchildren.

Tiffany, my neice, made it! She found a good life, a good man, and has a good life with her son who graduates this year. Drug free and doing well for quite some time now.

Farm... I gave up on the farm nearly three years ago. Forrest fire got us and several others. Took out all structure, equipment and my farm trucks still sit as rusty burnout husks to this day. Haven't touched a thing. Figure I got some guidance on how to proceed with the farm by force of fire. Believe it or not, it doesn't even bother me. Maybe someday I'll do something with it but for now, it's land that's paid for.

Work situation is leaps and bounds better. Making good money for the last few years and finally have things paid off.
Traded and sold off most of my motorcycle collection for a new Indian Chief Vintage and have focused on enjoying days.

Darlin has been maintained and used but little else. I still have the 70 LWB parts tuck but little else. Sold off everything else and put it out of mind till life gave better opportunity. This now that time.
Looking to buy up a few FEs to sort through for a build and then freshen up what's in Darlin to put in a Lincoln (that I don't even have) somewhere down the line.

Plans have changed a bit.
Giving up on the rear suspension and going links with spring sliders to keep the ride feel.
Looking into building the axle from the 70 or just buying an aftermarket kit. Short gears still in order. (Going disc anyway)
Haven't had the best of luck with my radiator decision, so tossing that as step one, along with electric fan.
Still planning wide ratio top loader. Amazing how much more affordable they are now that I'm not drowning in debt.
Stock cosmetics and a good red-line grill is high order.
Anyone know of reproduction cast "headers"? Nope? What headers have you found longevity with?
What is your opinion \ experience with LMC bumpers?

I am now a traveling mechanic for Jarraff Industries. Actually I'm the only one but have been training my second for over a year now and we just got his truck (not setup yet, but he's ready to run unsupervised and with my complete trust. I work 49 states and Canada from a 2015 F750 and enjoy my work. I'm still OTR, but my schedule is mine and at worst, I'm home weekends. Once second truck is up and going, I'm going to split the load.

So, next jobs are Vicksburg, MS. Mountain home, AR and North GA. Oh and Buhl, AL in there somewhere. If anyone needs stuff moved along those routes that aren't time critical, lemme know. If it doesn't cost me, it doesn't cost you.

Not going to wrench on Darlin until I have decided on what parts. Looking forward to your advice and opinions.

Frank
AKA Freaky
AKA Grandpa
popeyes71
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by popeyes71 »

:wel: back! Sounds like you had to go through a lot to get where you are at now. I'm glad things are working out for you and your family! Hope to see Darlin and the future progress of her!
-Popeye-
1971 F-250 4x4 Highboy
1966 Chevy Nova, 8 second 10.5 car
hfdco4
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by hfdco4 »

Great to have you back. Sorry for what has transpired and glad for what has transpired. Chin up and keep moving forward man!
Paul
:fr: FE390PC
1970 F250 4x4
2016 F150 4x4 2.7 ECO
Gone 1997, 1999 & 2003 F150 4x4s
Gone 1988, 1989 & 1991 Broncs