302 BUILD UP

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

rangoon68

302 BUILD UP

Post by rangoon68 »

Alright fella's. I am kind of in the middle of my resto and plan on dropping the motor and then building the body back around it. The truck is a 68 f100 and I plan on making it a weekend truck. I am not much for BB, I am more of a SB fan, I like it to rev. :D I want to go with a built 302 non asp. What are some good combo's that you guys know of. Come on gimme ur :2cents:
fitzwell
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Re: 302 BUILD UP

Post by fitzwell »

Start with a 5.0 Roller motor. Add a set of E-7 heads, mild port work. Stock 5.0 roller cam. Crane roller rocker conversion kit. Dual plane intake with a 600 vac secondary Holley. Cheap,quick, dependable horsepower.

:2cents:
As a metter of fact, i AM trying to keep up with the Jones'
Driving like Parnelli, Drinkin' like George
-------------------------------------------------------
rangoon68

Post by rangoon68 »

What kind of HP would this setup put out. Would the GT40p heads be better or am I wrong. :?
mastiffkevin

Post by mastiffkevin »

Well in my case I used an Eagle specialties stroker crank and rods, Keith Black flat top pistons, and an Edelbrock performer intake and cam. stock heads, headers and a Holley 600 cfm vacuum secondary carb. That gives me 349 ci with the block bored .040 over. (the kits are usually 347 ci with the standard .030 over bore) And I gotta say, it's an awesome all around combo!
tybob81
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by tybob81 »

I forgot to say a low mile exploer 5.0 complete can be had around here for 400-600 bucks and then you can turn around and sell the gt40p intake and throttle body on ebay to offset the price! :thup:
1968 swb hydroboost, ididit tilt column, Saginaw p/s pump with F series serpentine, all led lights, Vintage Air and painless wiring. 393w, tko600. CV front suspension w/c5 calipers and gt500 rotors. Stock Flexomatic leaf springs with 01 CV 8.8, 3.90 gears and Auburn locker. Custom wood bed floor. Full frame off resto-mod.