67 f100 Ac compressor

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

6T7Merc

67 f100 Ac compressor

Post by 6T7Merc »

Does anyone who has a 67 f100 happen to have pictures of the setup of the compressor and hoses in the engine bay?
My compressor bracket seems to be getting in the way of the lower hose hookup and I wanted to see someone elses setup to see what im doing wrong. Detailed pictures would be great. Thanks in advance.
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: 67 f100 Ac compressor

Post by fordman »

the compressor can bolt to the bracket in two different ways one it will be stadning up the other it will be laying down on its side. i don't know how your bracket is getting in the way. if tis laying down then it should be totally under the compressor. if its the extra bar that bolts to the manifolds just unbolt it to get the hose back on. this is for an fe engine.
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

You'll have to post pics of your setup, since there are several different styles. I can't provide a picture of a factory setup, since A/C wasn't a factory option until '68, so yours is either a dealer or previous owner add-on.

And there are actually three different ways to bolt the compressor on. Some set-ups mount the compressor at a slight angle, almost horizontal but with the head slightly higher than the bottom. I've got some pics I'll post later.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Vertical mounting

Horizontal mounting

Horizontal mounting braces
This is the most commonly-seen setup:

Aftermarket setup

And just for the visual, this is typical of how the factory compressor mount is attached. (This is a small-block, however):
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
6T7Merc

Post by 6T7Merc »

I noticed while looking through some pictures that there is a grommet that fits in the rad support that the condenser and drier lines run through. Since my truck is a 67 i don't have the hole or the grommet. Does anyone know where I can purchase this grommet? I looked through Denis carpenter and LMC and they don't seem to carry it :?
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

I haven't checked yet, but since the grommet is the same for the dentside trucks, you might try that LMC catalog to see if it's listed there.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

i have one . and i have the metal ring for it. i got it from a 73 dentside. i think these are the same as the cab also. the holes may or maynot be the same size as the ones in the cab. but the overall size of it is the same as the cab. the one i have came off of the core support.