DeVillbis HVLP Gun - Correct tip diameter

Discuss your workshop and related equipment

Moderator: FORDification

bjde0b
Preferred User
Preferred User

DeVillbis HVLP Gun - Correct tip diameter

Post by bjde0b »

I have the oppurtunity to buy a Devillbis HVLP Finish Line II (Model Number FLG-626-322). I have been trying to research this gun but the only information I can find is on Finish Line III models.

The gun has large tips, which is my biggest concern. Not being a painter I don't know much about this. The normal tip range that I see is between 1.0 and 1.8, but this gun has 1.8 and 2.2.

I need to pull the trigger on this soon so any advice would be appreciated. Also, the gun is brand knew in box in plastic.
bumpside

Re: DeVillbis HVLP Gun - Correct tip diameter

Post by bumpside »

http://www.sedco.co.uk/pages/nozzle_selection_guide.htm

This is a nozzle chart. Looks like there is not to much difference in flow between the two nozzles. Anyway, if the gun is a real good buy, I would get it and buy a different nozzle if I needed it
1972 SWB Ranger XLT
`We'll hold the distinction of being the only Nation in the history of the world that ever went to the poor house in an automobile.' (Will Rogers)
robroy
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by robroy »

Hi Bjde0b, what work do you plan on doing with the gun?

As I understand it, larger nozzles (like 1.8 and larger) are used for thicker paints, like primers and anti-rust paint (Rust Bullet or POR-15).

I'm not sure what the drawback of the larger nozzle is, but people seem to want 1.0-1.5 nozzles for regular auto paint.

-Robroy
bjde0b
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by bjde0b »

I have been doing my research and I have decided that the deal is not sweet enough. I want a gun with a 1.3 tip and is also gravity fed. The suction feed can spit and the 1.8 is too big and the 2.2 is definitely too big.