Different Flasher Wiring on F-600 Cluster

Electrical and Wiring Forum Archives
jor
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Different Flasher Wiring on F-600 Cluster

Post by jor »

What's the deal with the three prong plugs for the F-600 flashers? I'm wondering if I should rewire these to an F-100 plug or what? Here's a photo. Thanks.
jor
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: Different Flasher Wiring on F-600 Cluster

Post by FORDification »

Those aren't for the flashers....they're basically additional 12V dash lamp sources, like a 3-way plug. 1 hot wire in, three out. For example, on my F600 dash panel with the factory vacuum gauge, there's a wire coming from that plug to the bulb for the vacuum gauge's back-lighting, while the other two are blank. However, if I'd have also had, say, the factory tach with this dash, there'd also have been a wire coming from the connector on the other side that would go to the tach's back-lighting.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
jor
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by jor »

Ahhhhh... of course, that makes sense. Thanks, Keith. One other thing as a follow up to my "minor disaster" post last week:

I stripped away about ten pounds of electrical tape to expose the mess beneath up in the area of the starter relay, voltage regulator and alternator. I think I have it figured out now except for one wire that doesn't make sense and that I don't see in the wiring diagram.

It's the wire you described as:
The red wire you're talking about is the one between the starter solenoid and the ammeter...
It ran from the intrument panel plug directly to the battery side of the starter relay. Without being connected to the starter relay, it is hot with or without the ignition on. Is this the way it's supposed to be? Thanks.
jor
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

On a full-instrumentation harness, there is a red wire which extends from the solenoid to the alternator. The yellow + lead to the ammeter is shunted off that line about halfway between them, and the red negative lead goes back to the solenod. Here's a diagram I whipped up a while back when we were investigating that shunt:

I first posted it in THIS THREAD when we were discussing the shunts. It might have some useful info for you.

Here's another photo that might prove useful:

http://www.fordification.com/tech/image ... _fig01.jpg
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
jor
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by jor »

Thanks, Keith. I think this is just what I need. I'll post when everything is in order.
jor