lots of electrical done....some bodywork in the future

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

BigRedTruck
Preferred User
Preferred User

lots of electrical done....some bodywork in the future

Post by BigRedTruck »

to date since starting i have replaced the coil,put in a pertonix,holley economaster carb, plugs, spark wires, and am looking at putting in a radio in the near future. as far as body work goes i went over it about 3x with deoxidizing wax and have purchased a new lh floor panel that will be put in when i get a floor mat and get the money. Ironically it was this problem that led me here...but mechanical problems keep consuming my paycheck. I have gotten a new window regulator in though(4x4x4crewcab)
I might get the bumpers powder coated....I think white but somewhere i heard they were ivory? thats about it for now. my goal coming into this was to make it my daily driver and it be able to get me to school and back on a regular basis(26 miles). this has been achieved. I think it is mostly appearence now.
69 F-100 2wd 360 cid C6
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head
dcbullet
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

re: lots of electrical done....some bodywork in the future

Post by dcbullet »

How's the improvement due to the new ignition and carb? Like starting, warm up, idle, acceleration, etc?

And what did you start with?
BigRedTruck
Preferred User
Preferred User

re: lots of electrical done....some bodywork in the future

Post by BigRedTruck »

everything was stock. motorcraft 2100 carb (which was flooding)
the economaster even though it is supposed to have a lower rating worked better. the only problem is i have to give it gas to start, i think it has something to do with the lower cfm rating. it takes 2-3 minutes to warm up and idles a tab worse, again I think the low fuel amount. as weird as it seems the gas needle barely moves on the highway, I went 26 miles. If the wind is up it eats away the milage though.
69 F-100 2wd 360 cid C6
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head