water powered 390

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

mike_morgan21

water powered 390

Post by mike_morgan21 »

I ran a cross some thing pretty interesting today that might help with our fuel cost problem :D its called a hydrogen electrolysis booster has anyone ever herd of this device im going to try it on my 390 and see what happens please check out the sight at www.waterpoweredcar.com
6T7Merc

re: water powered 390

Post by 6T7Merc »

Yeah its basically a hydrogen fuel cell. Passes electricity through water producing hydrogen which is fed in through your carb or air intake. Me and my uncle and in the process of making a homemade one for my 96 mazda.
Theres a guy in austrailia who sells them and claims a really high percentage increase in gas mileage. i forget the site though...
westernkansas

Post by westernkansas »

my brother and i are planning on doing this also, but we are going to use an old junk car to do it on just in case it screws something up. He has plans that does pretty much what 67merc said. claims to use just a gallon of water.
mike_morgan21

Post by mike_morgan21 »

well the website that iv been looking at said that it will add 120 octane boost to your fuel mixture, clean carbon deposit out of your engine, and lowers your emissions and make it easer to pass a smog test.( http://www.waterpoweredcar.com/hydrobooster.html )
mike_morgan21

Post by mike_morgan21 »

I just finished my hydro booster :) and it is working grate :clap: as soon as i hooked it up i could hear a difference in how it runs. it's so much smoother im going to try to post some pics later. and im going to fill the tank :( and find out how much it helped my fuel mileage if it works good im going to hook up two and see what happens wish me luck. :D
jengle

Re: re: water powered 390

Post by jengle »

mike_morgan21 wrote:I just finished my hydro booster :) and it is working grate :clap: as soon as i hooked it up i could hear a difference in how it runs. it's so much smoother im going to try to post some pics later. and im going to fill the tank :( and find out how much it helped my fuel mileage if it works good im going to hook up two and see what happens wish me luck. :D

You posted that you just found it on the internet with a link to the site and a few days later you posted again to say that you completed the system? That was fast! Are you by any chance selling these?
aramil
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by aramil »

i wanna see pics of this thing... it sounds cool and from the pics it shows looks good but i wanna see the finished product hooked to the truck
72, f-100 ranger xlt, 360-c6, 2wd 84k miles.
77, ford f-150 custom 4x4, 400m-c6 SOLD

"the existence of flamethrowers is proof that someone, somewhere, sid to himself, "i want to set those people over there on fire, but i dont feel like walking over there to do it"
bvergeer

Post by bvergeer »

......and some before and after mpg numbers of course.
--
67/70 F250 Highboy
390, 4-speed
averagef250
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by averagef250 »

The ONLY "this thing works great" testimonials I've heard on the HHO stuff are from guys selling the things.

If it worked great everyone would have one. Most of the HHO systems work either by leaning out the A/F ratio and covering up pinging with some water vapor.

People have seen increased MPG with these systems, but it isn't because you're putting hydrogen into the engine.

If you want some actual facts on these things read this: http://www.4btswaps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4535
1970 F-250 4x4 original Willock swivel frame chassis '93 5.9 Cummins/Getrag/NP205/HP60/D70
jengle

Post by jengle »

You hit the nail on the head--this is another scam product, but the catch with this one is that it actually increases mileage slightly on computer controlled cars, but at the expense of emissions (lean conditions cause bad emissions too) and engine life. This post looked a little too much like an add to me, but maybe I'm wrong.
mike_morgan21

Post by mike_morgan21 »

ok im not selling these things. :x im just trying new things. :) im also a industrial mechanic and a certified welder so i have access to everthing i need to build one of these thats why it didn't take me long. and as soon as i find my cord to transfer my pictures to my computer ill show you that jengle. and averagef250 just some advice i wouldn't always belive what other people write. sometimes you have to try things out for yourself to find out real results. i was hoping for a little support from you guys this site has always seemed supportive of its members. oh as for the other guys who are interested im just estimating right now because i haven't driven my truck around to much iv been getting out of work late but right now it looks good iv been 70 miles and only used a little less than a half a tank and thats a difference before i used almost half a tank so theres definately seen a difference all post again soon.
averagef250
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by averagef250 »

Like everyone else with some experience with this type of thing I'll say "prove it". The whole point of that thread on 4BTswaps is that in the while that thread has been alive and of the hundreds of fairly intelligent, creative, motivated people that have read and participated in it, nobody has actually been able to prove any mileage increase.

I apologize if I came off as talking down to you. I do have experience with the HHO stuff and believe wholeheartedly that any mileage increase is due entirely to leaning the A/F ratio and the placebo effect changing your driving style.

I'd definitely encourage you to share any real world results you find with your experimenting. Coming off touting mileage increases without anything real to back it up is a good way to get good, hardworking members of this site to waste their hard earned money on an HHO generator that does nothing for them.

Half a tank to go 70 miles is 7 MPG. What kind of truck do you have? That's bad mileage even for a brick old truck with a big block.

I've seen pills you pop in your tank, liquid additives, O2 sensor tuners and other things that claim to increase mileage. They don't. People that start using this stuff go through the placebo period where they change driving style to better mileage unconsciously. Anyone who keeps up on their mileage figures for a period of years will see once the excitement of the mileage adder wears off the mileage goes back to what it was before.
1970 F-250 4x4 original Willock swivel frame chassis '93 5.9 Cummins/Getrag/NP205/HP60/D70
bugser

Post by bugser »

I don't wanna try it..you try it.

Hey, let's get Mikey!!

http://www.katu.com/news/25881274.html
RON

Excuse me while I whip this out
jengle

Re: re: water powered 390

Post by jengle »

mike_morgan21 wrote:ok im not selling these things. :x im just trying new things. :) im also a industrial mechanic and a certified welder so i have access to everthing i need to build one of these thats why it didn't take me long. and as soon as i find my cord to transfer my pictures to my computer ill show you that jengle. and averagef250 just some advice i wouldn't always belive what other people write. sometimes you have to try things out for yourself to find out real results. i was hoping for a little support from you guys this site has always seemed supportive of its members. oh as for the other guys who are interested im just estimating right now because i haven't driven my truck around to much iv been getting out of work late but right now it looks good iv been 70 miles and only used a little less than a half a tank and thats a difference before i used almost half a tank so theres definately seen a difference all post again soon.
No offense intended. Your post appeared to be from someone marketing these, so I asked.
Leadfoot
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Leadfoot »

its proven you don't get power from nothing. and I can't see it working well, or at all. it would take far to much electrical power to make any real amounts of hydrogen. meaning all it would be just doing nothing but bubbling very slow and drawing more power than it could produce. it would take twice the power to produce the gas, as the power you will be able to get out of it. :?

but I would go a old proven way like wood gas. cheep easy, and works. :2cents:

anyway good luck :thup:
WHAT ?