i think its important to inform rock autos used parts

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

LUVMY69FORD250RANGER

i think its important to inform rock autos used parts

Post by LUVMY69FORD250RANGER »

i didnt come to start troble, i think poeple should know what i expreienced from this company that prides on auto part quality. they sent me used parts. simply put, i didnt pay 50 bucks for sloppy seconds.
THANKS
SteveC
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

re: i think its important to inform rock autos used parts

Post by SteveC »

a lot of things bought anymore today if you pay a lower price it is usually referbished or used and then made to be like new this goes with everything...i mean i payed 100 dollars for power brake booster and i knew full well it was a refab...i mean if it is done right they are just as good as a new one...

all they do is pull apart replace bad and worn componets and put new in and you have a referb

Ive used quite a lot of referb parts and had no problems ...if they sent you stuff that was dirty and looked worn then yes that would be a problem and understandable that you would be upset. Just learn and live and go some place else...ive been in your shoes

aahhh well ive blabed on enough
I don't really care about brands Chevy Ford Dodge ...as long as it doesn't sound like two old dudes farting in a coffee can.
http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u223/imabaka70/ Projects listed on the left side

WOOOT!! i passed my mechanics classes. Now working as a mechanic and waiting to go for my ASE certifications.

1967 f-100 4x4
1969/72 f100 351w EFI m5r2 5 speed
1988 ford f150 xlt lariat
1961 VW Beetle (wifes car)
QC
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by QC »

I saw your previous post about getting used shocks. No one rebuilds shocks so they weren't cores, Rock Auto got scammed by one of their customers. I worked in parts stores for over 20 years and saw it many times. People buy parts, carefully open the boxes, put their used parts in and return them as new. If the boxes are glued shut a counterman will assume they haven't been opened. I buy as many parts as I can locally and I open every box before I leave the store. A lot of times it's not even the stores fault, they can get parts that way from their suppliers. I sold a guy a set of points once and luckily I opened the box right at the counter because there was a rock in the box, not points.We got them from our warehouse that way. I doubt if they intensionaly sold you used parts.
69 F-100 Ranger 302
The_Eman

Post by The_Eman »

We got it. NOW LET IT GO AND MOVE ON :cry: :cry: :cry:
seattle67
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: re: i think its important to inform rock autos used part

Post by seattle67 »

The_Eman wrote:We got it. NOW LET IT GO AND MOVE ON :cry: :cry: :cry:
:yt: We understand, you're upset. Don't ever buy there again, more power to you and thanks for the warning.

One small word of advice, maybe keep all your rock auto complaints in the one (the original) thread, otherwise it starts to look like you're throwing a tantrum and any validity to your complaint goes out the window. Pictures of the offending shocks would also have been a plus.

I hope it all works out and you get what you're looking for.
Dan

"I plan to start procastinating immediately"

390Nut
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 390Nut »

:yt:

:roll:
Paul
`69 F100 390 4spd driver
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10251