Wireing for Auxilury Tanks

Electrical and Wiring Forum Archives
68F250
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

re: Wireing for Auxilury Tanks

Post by 68F250 »

Calling radiator shops can be your quickest lead to finding out who can do it, either themselves or someone else who can. Unless you already know of someone, then go for it.

It's hard to say if you can find a gasket, don't know what it looks like. You could buy a sheet of gasket material that's similar and cut one out.

Thanks, the legs getting better each day and I'm beginning to walk without the cane. Good luck on your knee surgery this Friday, I'll be praying for ya. (Boy aren’t we a bunch of invalids.)
Tim P.
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Tim P. »

Not as to butt in but dont take a measuring stick and beat yourself up with it. by the info on this particular thread you're not that invalid, you know what I mean....vern.... lol. Tim.
Ford Is The Mountain That The Rock fell Off Of.

72 F-250 Camper Special 390 Stroker 419 CID 420 HP Natural Asp 200 HP NOS C-6 Dana 60 4.10
96 F-150 XLT 4X4 5.8 Heavy Duty 4EOD
1968flareside
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 1968flareside »

If you're still looking for a diagram, I do have the 68 model year for the aux tanks and should help with your other problems too. I paid $7 for mine too and has been worth every cent! I also got a body assembly manual from them too. I'm sure it will prove handy as well. Shoot me an email if you want some diagrams. Just tell me which ones you need.
1968 F-100 Flareside
1999 F-150 XLT 4X4
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10023

:fte: and :fr: DON'T FORGET!!
willowbilly3
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by willowbilly3 »

I skimmed a little here but a stock wiring diagram isn't going to help any. This is an owner engineered system. It seems they were just switching an electric fuel pump and not the guage. What kind of auxillery tanks do you have? If aftermarket, which I assume at least the right hand side must be, they may not even have sending units. And while I agree it is nce to know exactly how much gas you have, I have ran auxillery tanks in several trucks with no guage and managed just fine as long as the guage in the main tank works. You just use it last.
If you do try and get the system you have working with the electic fuel pump it probably should be rewired. First it needs to be controlled by a relay and another real important safety feature is to have it wired so the pump shuts off when the engine dies. You don't want to be in an accident and have that thing pumping fuel on a fire. That would probably require a relay off the stator terminal of the regulator. Of course it would have to close with 9 volts.
Great ideas have always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.