It has begun

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

It has begun

Post by flyboy2610 »

The inital stages of phase 1 of "Project Frankenstein" have begun.
I took the front end off the truck on Easter Sunday.
I found some things that will definetly need some attention, such as the right side frame rail where the big hole for the radiator support mount is has rusted nearly to the inner edge. The other side is pretty rusty too, but not quite as bad.
I'm going to take the angle grinder to the last two bumper bolts. They just spin in the holes. I have a different bumper so i don't care if I booger this one up. It's already bent.
Phase 1 will be a new radiator support, new brakes and lines, and a new windshield. I may also put on new fenders if I can find them for the right price. :$$:
I also plan to install a 4 barrel intake manifold (aluminum), and dual exhaust.
I'm going to replace the heater core, too.
I can feel the "Iotta's" coming on. You know what I mean: "While I have the engine exposed "Iotta" replace the timing chain set. Don't want it going out in the middle of nowhere. And since I'll have the water pump off to get to the timing chain, "Iotta" replace that, too. No telling how old it is. This would be a good time to replace the exhaust gaskets, so "Iotta" do that, too."
Those "Iotta's" get EXPENSIVE! :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GT-Racer
Preferred User
Preferred User

re: It has begun

Post by GT-Racer »

Good luck Flyboy. :hmm: Hey that looks like my first garage. :lol: :lol:
'67 F100 2wd shortbed - Beginning restoration.
351w, 5-speed, 3:70 gears (someday)

Drivin' a Chevy is Kinda Like wipin' before you poop, it just don't make no sense....:)
4x4x4crewcab
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 4x4x4crewcab »

Congratulations on the big first step---THE TEAR DOWN
Watch those IOTTA'S they will get you every time. They even talk to you while your sleeping :$$:
A friend of mine is parting out a 1967 here in Omaha its pretty rusty but if you think of something you may need drop me a PM and I will check it out for you
Mark
1970 Ford F-250 Crew Cab 4x4 short box
1969 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia
1999 Ford Windstar
1983 Chevrolet Silverado p/u
1990 Lincoln Town Car
1998 Lincoln Town Car
Does your truck need emblems? Check out http://www.onceuponapart.com
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

Tearing 'em down is always the most fun...good luck! I still have a bunch of stuff up here too, if you decide you need some parts.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
wolfpack

Post by wolfpack »

hey flyboy what kind of condition are your floor boards and rocker panels in? I have a 71 that the kick panels you can see right through the drivers side. good lucks and if you need some parts let me know I might be able to help a little....Terry
460 crew
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by 460 crew »

HAHA you have me jealous I remember the day I took the same pic of my truck with no clip its a great feeling to rip into your truck,I'd do it again and again. Just Remember doing one thing a day even if it's little will eventually get the project done. Good luck and have fun!
1970 4x4 Crewcab build and 12v cummins conversion
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=17179
flyboy2610
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by flyboy2610 »

I went out today and pulled the fuel pump, power steering pump, water pump, and harmonic balancer.
It would sure be a lot easier to paint that firewall with the engine pulled.........