"2ndTime'round"-Updates

Post progress reports on your project truck(s)

Moderator: FORDification

wt4speed#2
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

"2ndTime'round"-Updates

Post by wt4speed#2 »

Well Guys,
I'm still roundin up motor parts tryin to get the 302 put together,But in my roundin(as in up) I've made some great finds i.e. not one but two factory flasher switches w/bezels , e-brake light indicator and holder , underdash a/c unit ,orignal washer bottle in excelent condition,original washer pump (found these in trucks side by side ) new windshield ,all matching seat belt set , matching arm rest ,driver side is starting to get the elbow swell but it i'll do for now

As of today all have been installed with the exception of the a/c unit and belts

Also when I took the heads off the 302 down to have them checked my buddy at the machine shop discovered that these are 66seires 289 heads that have been ported and polished ,intake and exhaust , domed and have stainless intake valves .

As it turns out I am not going to be able to use the cam that was in the 302 when I got it , and the guy that I bought from off e-bay is causing me to get nasty , filed a greivence on him thur e-bay yest

tryin to get everyhing together and will trry to post some pic later around april 1st or so

Later
Tony B.Image
DFW Area
"Someday...
I hope you to get the chance,
to live like you are dying"
Member#'s 236 & 403
Úlf the Comedy Sidekick
'69 F-100 "Stepper"(currently in a bigillion pieces )
wt's ride
thebucket
Ironbelly67

Post by Ironbelly67 »

Sounds good! What improvement do 289 heads provide? Isn't it compression or flow or something? I've heard something about that. :hmm: :?
*1967 F 250+390+NP435
*1967 F 100+352+C6
*1972 F 100+351+C?
1970 D 100
1953 IHC R-110 USMC+MVPA
1950 IHC R 110 Panel
1936 HighCab 1Ton
2004 Ford Expidition XLT
*FORD tops the list
wt4speed#2
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

"2ndtime'round"

Post by wt4speed#2 »

Heck Iron
I dont have a clue I got a heck of a deal .The motor came out of a '85 mustang,the kid I bought it from bought it for the supercharger , parted out rest of it, the motor is punched 30 over, roller rocker and lifters,I suspect less than 5k on build,rods and piston skirts still green havent even turned light silver yet.For 300.00 I got the motor less intake and bellhousing ,like new aluminum edlebrock water pump,p/s pumps,alt.,a/c compressor,starter, all bracket{execpt alt. was intergral to supercharger}
radiator,shroud and a/c condinser.

My way of thinking is when they built it for the supercharger the were thinking that the 289 heads for the smaller compression chamber. My machine guy told me when he unloaded them they were rare and if they need to be decked he wouldn't touch em, he would grind them in the valves . When I picked em up he told me that they didnt have any valve seats in em and woulkdn't have lasted long .Then he told me some one spent some coins on them ,ported and polished on both sides and domed,intakes are all stainless

Heck they came on the motor guess I'll putem to use

thanks
Tony B.Image
DFW Area
"Someday...
I hope you to get the chance,
to live like you are dying"
Member#'s 236 & 403
Úlf the Comedy Sidekick
'69 F-100 "Stepper"(currently in a bigillion pieces )
wt's ride
thebucket