4 way flasher

Charging, starting, lighting, gauges, HVAC

Moderators: FORDification, Thunderfoot

Brett6269
Preferred User
Preferred User

4 way flasher

Post by Brett6269 »

I have a ?? for some one . yest i installed a new glove box liner, removed the 4 way flasher couldnt find anywere that it hooks up!! no wires nothing. I wonder if some super stripped bumpsides came this way?? As my father in law said he just screwed it in top of glove box for me when he found one at junkyard in nc... :?
lover of old fords
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: 4 way flasher

Post by FORDification »

Your truck would have come with flasher wiring.

What year is your truck? The early bumpsides had the toggle-type switch in the glovebox, the later trucks had an in-dash switch to the right of the steering column.

For the early trucks that did have the toggle version, keep in mind it wasn't always mounted in the glovebox. If a truck had factory air, the switch was mounted under the dash. Later trucks that normally had the in-dash switch would also use the earlier switch if all the in-dash holes were already taken, by a cargo switch light, choke cable, etc.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
Brett6269
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Brett6269 »

kieth truck came w/no air.. and the glove box did have the 2 mounting screws for flasher along along with the small piece of metal for a backing for the flasher. ill have too look harder for the wiring it must be in thier someware :thup: thanx kieth for info.. :)
lover of old fords
Brett6269
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Brett6269 »

sorry kieth forgot to say year 69 custom cab, nopower brakes, no power steering.. totally stripped..
lover of old fords
Banjo
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Banjo »

my 68 had it laying outside glovebox by itself, only found it while disassy dash to fix wiper transmission leak and stuff. BUT, my glovebox liner was kinda chewedup cardboard, so it might have been in there at some point, and fell out into right side of it.
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

I'd say you just need to dig around under the dash behind the glove box insert...you should find the harness connection back there. If not, see if you can find where a previous owner might have snipped that section of harness off.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!