weird auto log in problem

Comments, suggestions or site/forum assistance

Moderator: FORDification

BigRedTruck
Preferred User
Preferred User

weird auto log in problem

Post by BigRedTruck »

when I go directly to fordification/forum it will not auto log me in, although it will show me here. Often, the address bar says something about oldsmobility, which I thought it was not supposed to do anymore. While this is occuring, it will not show new post indicators.
However, If I go to the homepage and click the forum link there, I have no problems. I have cleared my cookies several times.
69 F-100 2wd 360 cid C6
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: weird auto log in problem

Post by FORDification »

Yeah, I've had several people mention that, and I think it's because of the way I have the FORDification site tacked onto the OLDSmobility domain as a sub-web. I think I'm going to have to just bite the bullet and do some reconfiguration and set them up as two stand-alone sites, especially now that FORDification is getting 100 times the traffic that the Olds site is.

Of course, once I do that, everyone here is going to have to do the 'cookie dance' again....that is, to remove all cache and cookies from your browser, then shut down the browser, start it back up and log in. That should fix the log-in problem. I'll get that added to the list of things 'To Do'.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!