my axel.

Clutch, transmission, rear axle

Moderators: FORDification, 70_F100

flywheel

my axel.

Post by flywheel »

Ok my axel bearings are bad. No big deal right, No big deal. I order bearing PN BR7 with 1.562 ID and they don't fit to small (the bearing). I check my axels 1.625. Hmm go to the parts store no help a lot of Hmmm. then a I don't know what to tell ya. Howabout Ho it's a bla bla bla axel and you need this would be good. No. Ford 9" ?? 31 spline 1.625 ID No id tag on axel. And the truck is a 69 F100 with a 1972 Cab and bed. what should i do turn the axels? fined new axles can i get bearings? any help would be nice. Thanks KR
GT-Racer
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by GT-Racer »

I think there are two bearing sizes. A large bearing and a small bearing. Didnt he have two listed and ask you which you needed? I dont remember the sizes but I think there are two different ones.
'67 F100 2wd shortbed - Beginning restoration.
351w, 5-speed, 3:70 gears (someday)

Drivin' a Chevy is Kinda Like wipin' before you poop, it just don't make no sense....:)
flywheel

re: my axel.

Post by flywheel »

ya 1.562 and 1.771 mine is a 1.625 axel is clean no damage. Is it a 9" or a 9 7/8 is it Ford. Thanks
GT-Racer
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by GT-Racer »

hmm, ok guys chime in on this one. I'm stumped now.
'67 F100 2wd shortbed - Beginning restoration.
351w, 5-speed, 3:70 gears (someday)

Drivin' a Chevy is Kinda Like wipin' before you poop, it just don't make no sense....:)
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

A small bearing housing can be differentiated from a large bearing housing by the size of the nuts and thread used to retain the brake backing plates to the housing. The small bearing housings use 9/16" socket size nuts with 3/8â€Â
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
flywheel

Post by flywheel »

Well thing got bad, One axel shaft is a 1.531 the other is the 1.625. The shaft broke and someone welded it back (not a good job) so I started to look for a axel. That is why i have a freek axel. Thanks for the leank but i don't want a jerry riged axel. Lots of trucks in the NW. Lucky me.