1 piece drive lines

Clutch, transmission, rear axle

Moderators: FORDification, 70_F100

mountainroad

1 piece drive lines

Post by mountainroad »

Does anybody know if ford ever put a 1 piece drive lines on any of the 68 or close trucks? I need a one piece drice line with u-joints on both ends with a slip joint in the middle.
Can anybody help me?
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: 1 piece drive lines

Post by FORDification »

All SWB trucks came with a one-piece driveshaft, with a slip-yoke like a car's....all LWB had two-piece driveshafts. What are you planning?
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
Leadfoot
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Leadfoot »

:? how is it possible to have a one piece drive shaft with a slip joint in the middle? Im not under standing.

if you want a one piece drive shaft you need to know what trans and if its a long box or short box but remember the slip yok is going to be on the trans.

so if you got a C6 with the slip yok on the trans and you want a one peace drive shaft often you can use the drive shaft out of a ford van from 74 ta 86 depending on wheel base :shh:
WHAT ?
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

I think he meant that he wanted to do away with the two halves connected at the carrier bearing, and go straight from the tranny to the rearend.

I also forgot to mention that the SWB 4x4s did get a one-piece driveshaft with a middle slip-yoke, since you can't have a conventional car-type slip yoke out of the back of the transfer case....at least that's what my '69 SWB 4x4 has, as shown here:

____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!