To the best woman in the world ( in my opinion) :D
72 F250 4x4 Ford GT Red.
FE 428 Trust me it goes....
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

WTG Man! :thup: 8)
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
frankc67

re: Just got engaged....

Post by frankc67 »

Congrats 8) :D
1968 Ford Pickup
1998 Ford F-150 extended Cab
2000 Ford Explorer
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?pos=-1469
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

:clap: Congrats!!! :woohoo:
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
wildcard
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by wildcard »

:clap: :clap: Congrats :clap: :clap: :thup:
wolfpack

Post by wolfpack »

Congrats :clap: ..Nothing better than having a women to complete you and make you happy....Terry
The dumbest question in the world is the one you don't ask.
jor
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by jor »

Don't mention your plans for a fleet until well after the wedding.
jor
binder56jd
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by binder56jd »

ImageImageImage
"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here" — Jack Nicholson, As Good As it Gets

now serving #235

"the only way to believe in the American dream is to be asleep"--GC

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct. - Benjamin Disraeli
Joe Kriston
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Joe Kriston »

Congrats!!! :clap: Just remember you'll have to put her feelings before your truck from here on out :evil:
This is the point...I'm....talking about everybody! I'm talking about form! I'm talking about content! I'm talking about interrelationships! I'm talking about God, the devil, hell, heaven!!!! Do you understand???? Finally!!!!
hutch1973

Post by hutch1973 »

Congrats :) Did you surprise her? I blew it in the surprise department when I ended my singlehood.
Bumpless for now...
FLATBEDFORD
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Just got engaged....

Post by FLATBEDFORD »

Tallboy wrote:To the best woman in the world ( in my opinion) :D
Your's is the only opinion that matters on this topic.
Congratulations.
There's nothing better than being married to the best woman in the world. I know this from experience.
Steve

1970 F350 DRW Factory 9' Platform/Stake, 360, T18.
Passed on to new care taker July, 2013

My Photo Gallery
http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/flatbedford/
Tallboy

Post by Tallboy »

Thanks everybody! I'm excited.

Yeah I suprised her alright. Shes been hounding me :D for the last two months to get hitched.... So I got a ring four weeks ago, asked her dad for permission three weeks ago and had been letting it sit in the garage in a toolbox until I decided on a good time. I had just finished mocking up the inner fenders and rad support last night when the time came. Her grandparents are in town and the family was going out for dinner. Shes going to see her mom today in a city 3hrs away so I decided to pull the trigger right there in the back yard. That's who we are. beautiful night, dinking around on our little projects enjoying each others company. So i made up my mind in 30 seconds and did it! NERVOUS was an understatement..... I already knew the answer :)

How many others were nervous and that brings up a good point....

How did you ask your wife to marry you? any good stories?

Thanks again all
Cheers
Tim
72 F250 4x4 Ford GT Red.
FE 428 Trust me it goes....
hutch1973

Post by hutch1973 »

Congrats on the surprise. Here's what happened with me.

I just asked my gf a year ago, and had never (at 31) even thought of marriage. Had no clue how much rings went for. Went into a jewelry store thinking 1500 would be plenty, but couldn't find squat I liked. After weeks of shopping I found the perfect ring, had a funky offset in the band, and a oval cut diamond looked great in it, but it was 6k. Put it on layaway for a month because I didn't want her to notice the big lump missing in savings.

We were laying in bed talking one night about whatever, and somehow the topic of engagement rings came up. We were talking about cuts and I said I really didn't care for the square (princess?) cut. She said she liked those, but really didn't care for oval cut diamonds. I was :x . I said right there, I have an engagement ring on hold for you that's oval cut. Wanted it to be a surprise but we're going tomorrow to make sure you like it before I pick it up. She felt bad, but loved the ring.

Then I figured I would at least surprise her by fibbing about when I was going to pick it up. Picked it up weeks before she thought I would and was going to figure out the perfect way to ask her. Got home way earlier then normal, set it on the counter, and went into the can to do some heavy "thinking". She, for the first time ever, had an early day at work, came home, and found the ring on the counter when I was on the john.

She had it on when I came out, and technically, I've never asked her to marry me, it's assumed. A couple weeks ago we were talking and she divulged that she actually new about the ring the day I put it on hold, because she overheard me talking to my brother on the phone about it, and immediately called her mom. She can't hear me when I'm talking to her from two rooms away, but somehow picked up that convo upstairs when I was downstairs :x :x :x

Now I'm pushing for eloping to Vegas and getting married by an Elvis impersonator, but I'm destined to lose that.
Bumpless for now...
CJ,s 67 F100
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by CJ,s 67 F100 »

Nervous? No I wasnt a bit nervous, I was scared out of my ever lovin mind. lol
FLATBEDFORD
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by FLATBEDFORD »

My wife and I were together for almost 8 years before we got married. Once I finally made up my mind we had nothing to fight about any more, until we bought the house. We bought the ring together, had it custom made. I did surprise her with when I actually gave it to her. It was at her mother's birthday party. My stepson was in on it and video taped the whole thing.
The good story was getting married. We planned on a May wedding. In February, my wife was laid off. She would have no insurance for herself or her son, so, we had a very private and secret wedding that week with our close friends as witnesses. Then, we got married again in May with the family and friends. Our minister even made a fake marriage license for our best man and maid of honor to sign as witnesses. We celebrate our Manniversary (marriage) in February, and our Wanniversary (wedding) in May. Don't tell anybody, OK.
Steve

1970 F350 DRW Factory 9' Platform/Stake, 360, T18.
Passed on to new care taker July, 2013

My Photo Gallery
http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/flatbedford/