pleasant surprise

Suspension, steering, brakes, wheels & tires

Moderator: FORDification

crozetiga

pleasant surprise

Post by crozetiga »

So I started doing my disc brake swap this weekend and I found a pleasant surprise. It looks like the previous owner put all new tie rods, and bushings under my 78 parts truck before he sold it. I guess I can take back the ones I already bought for it. That will be nice beer money for when i am finished.

I am also really glad that I got my 70 didnt pass inspection cause when I got underneath the truck the tie rods (both sides) had no cotter pins in them and the nut had almost back all the way off!!!!!!

The swap is going pretty well. I started off by removing the engine cause I wanted to keep it (460) and that took me the better part of saturday. On Sunday I worked on the front suspension and got everything removed from both trucks and I mounted the brake hose brackets and figured out where to mount the proportioning valve.

This the first vehicle that I attempted this major of a project on. I was by myself and I think i am doing ok. I should be able to finish next weekend. All i have left is mount the master cylinder/booster, run brake lines, mount the prop. valve and assemble the front end. That sounds like alot more work now that i write it out, but i dont think it will be too bad

later
Josh
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

re: pleasant surprise

Post by FORDification »

Sounds good, Josh! Yeah, that'll definitely save you a few greenbacks! :thup:
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!