gas prices

General Discussion Topic Archives
binder56jd
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

re: gas prices

Post by binder56jd »

kinda scary-huh?
"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here" — Jack Nicholson, As Good As it Gets

now serving #235

"the only way to believe in the American dream is to be asleep"--GC

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct. - Benjamin Disraeli
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: re: gas prices

Post by rjewkes »

green70 wrote:its around 2.79 here but i was in san francisco tues. and saw 3.15 at a shell station,and vallero across the street was 3.18..... :eek:
Vallero wa supposed to be the multi fuel sources and low price alternative.
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

now it is the same price all over. Thats the government regulation for ya's. 2.75 for 91 here in webb city,mo
"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
'70 f250 4x4 Crew cab 460/C6 '72 F100 390/C6 9.8 MPG AVG. '89 Mercury Cougar LS Dual Exh. V6 . 18.9 MPG AVG. In Town.
I don't want to give em a heart-attack. That is what would happen if I answered the door in the buff. Heck it almost scares me to death when I step out of the shower and look in the mirror.~Mancar1~
fuelly.com
binder56jd
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by binder56jd »

saw this morning it was near 4.00 in CA.-WOW- we are in deep itshay-jd
"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here" — Jack Nicholson, As Good As it Gets

now serving #235

The Good Humor Man

Post by The Good Humor Man »

I have a 99 Ford F250 Power stroke, and bought a VW jetta Diesel to save money, add up the extra insurance, and the cost of the car, I think it is costing me more than if I just would have kept filling up the P.U.
Now that I have it, I will keep it, but if I had to do it over, I wouldn't have bought it.
Diesel $2.95 Gas $2.71 in the S.W. Suburbs of Chicago.
http://WWW.GoodHumorTrucks.Com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
capeclassics

Post by capeclassics »

$2.86 a gallon for regular here but will start rising daily as tourist season is about to start.....

If they call it Tourist Season why can't we hunt them?
'75-4x4guy

Post by '75-4x4guy »

we are up to $3.00 here in Connecticut , although I was in New York and saw prices as low as $2.91 , this is for regular 87 octane ........... :$$:
Jon
rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

It will go back down. It has to! Too bad they aint putting any of the money into the war chest. I'd sleep better knowing that we was funding the war and not a retired ceo or cfo or what not getting $400,000,000.
fuelly.com
ToughOldFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ToughOldFord »

It's easy to get misdirected when we hear about news like that guy's large retirement package, but it's important to note that salaries and retirements are determined by the companies stock holders and are paid out of the companies profits. The gas companies profits are large due to the volume of petroleum sold, not high gas prices. The high gas prices are due to what the company pays for the crude oil, IE $75 a barrel as of today. If they were still buying it at $30 a barrel we'd be back at $1.29 per gallon and we'd all be happy and the oil companies would still be making huge profits because consumption is at an all time high. Just like how the Dollar stores make their money, volume, volume, volume. But we look for a fall guy when we're getting porked at the pump so when we hear about somebody making large profits at the same time we point fingers.
Bottom line is, OPEC holds the purse strings and unless they feel suddenly generous and lower the barrel price the only way we'll see low prices again is if our politicians, (on both sides), quit playing political games and let us start drilling for oil again here in the good ol' US.
mcarlson11

Post by mcarlson11 »

geez... $3.12, I just filled up. OUCH, THats $50 a week for my 8mpg truck.
When the going gets tough, your doing something right.
cancow

Post by cancow »

$1.30 when bush came into office....
ToughOldFord
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ToughOldFord »

Bush doesn't run OPEC or Exxon/Mobil last time I checked.
mk
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by mk »

The price has gone up about twenty cents a litre (stinkin' metric system) here in two weeks. With conversion to US gallons (imperial gallon is one fifth larger) and to US$, we're paying about $3.15 locally. Ouch :eek:
Still beats six hundred a month payments...

mike
binder56jd
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by binder56jd »

2.79 fri.am Ardmore,OK

now serving #235

rjewkes
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by rjewkes »

back down to 2.66 here inb Webb. :D
fuelly.com