KC Obsolete Parts

Tell us your good and/or bad experiences

Moderator: FORDification

Mohillbilly

KC Obsolete Parts

Post by Mohillbilly »

KC Obsolete Parts (formerly from Kansas City) is now located in Phelps, MO right on old Route 66 just northweat of Mt. Vernon, MO. Reggie Carpenter and his wife Leslie now own it, and do a very good job. They specialize in 1942 to 1979 trucks, and also handle Agriculture parts as well. My brother has done business with the origional owner until his death and with Reggie since he bought it and he's been well satisfied with everything. Check him out for NOS, repop, and used parts.
70 Custom LWB, 302-2V, 3 on tree
stephen44
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: KC Obsolete Parts

Post by stephen44 »

I tried to search - do they have a web site ?
thanks

Stephen
(1967 F100, FE352, 2wd, 3 on the tree, flareside)
Mohillbilly

Post by Mohillbilly »

No website that I know of. I'll ask next time I'm talking to Reggie. Sorry I forgot to include contact info. Phone is: 417-452-FORD (3673).

Steve
KatieDavies

Post by KatieDavies »

Some of us are lucky to find the parts needed for the repair of our appliances,mobile phones or car. There are those who searched everywhere but some parts are already obsolete. Not all of us have the budget to buy new ones instead of just the parts needed for the repair. Ever make an effort to get a replacement part for some product in the household, like a refrigerator or washing machine only to find the part isn't made anymore? It's known as planned obsolescence, something manufacturers plan for to keep individuals buying more stuff. It will cost a short term loan to pay for your new household appliance.
Mohillbilly

Post by Mohillbilly »

KatieDavies, I have to agree with you, as I too have dealt with the planned obsolescence problem. However, KC Obsolete Parts is a specialty shop, dedicated to old Ford trucks and cars. They have a great inventory and if they don't have a part, odds are Reggie can find it for you.
Madman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by Madman »

I hope they get even a simple website....nothing to extravagant, but allowing inventory search. Bit of a commute from Colorado! :wink:
""Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet."

2017 Ford Raptor
1970 F250 4x4
1948 Willys CJ2A w/ Ford Flathead V-8
1975 Ford Bronco
Mohillbilly

Post by Mohillbilly »

Madman, I emailed your comment to Reggie. I haven't heard anything from him so far, but I also posted on his facebook page. He can be contacted there at: KC Obsolete Parts.
Mohillbilly

Post by Mohillbilly »

Reggie has been having Facebook problems getting messages, but he does have a FB page, as "KC Obsolete Parts". It's small, but does give another way to contact him.
Madman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by Madman »

Mohillbilly wrote:Madman, I emailed your comment to Reggie. I haven't heard anything from him so far, but I also posted on his facebook page. He can be contacted there at: KC Obsolete Parts.
Thank you. Been awhile since I visited this page, but I appreciate you giving the feedbcak to him.
""Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet."

2017 Ford Raptor
1970 F250 4x4
1948 Willys CJ2A w/ Ford Flathead V-8
1975 Ford Bronco