Dome light issues

Charging, starting, lighting, gauges, HVAC

Moderators: FORDification, Thunderfoot

71mishmash

Dome light issues

Post by 71mishmash »

Evening guys,
I have been searching the electrical forum and so far have not been able to find the answers to correct a dome light issue.
I have a 68 F100 Cab and recently installed the door brackets and pin switches for the dome lights to the existing plugs. When I open the door I do not get a dome light to come on, but have the driver tail light and license plate light that come on.
When I looked in the dash I see a bullet plug socket that is empty (Black and Blue) and it has power corresponding to the door switch but at that point I'm stuck. Am I missing some wiring pieces, like a bullet plug jumper to something? I don't see any other "empty" bullet plug sockets and nothing else that is not in use if that makes sense.
I also have a light with a housing hanging below the dash that does not seem to have power at any point and has no obvious place to go. I have lights in the dash and heater control that work well, a cargo light that works with the switch, and a dome light that works when turned on with the light switch.
If anyone might have some suggestions as to how I might correct this I would appreciate any info you might have.
Thank you in advance!
DisneysPatB
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: Dome light issues

Post by DisneysPatB »

1970 F250 460 C6 - Project - Currently not running.
1999 Dodge Durango SLT 4 x 4 5.9 Magnum -not running.
1999 Toyota Corolla - Daily Driver.

https://fordification.com/forum/app.php ... y/album/43
71mishmash

Re: Dome light issues

Post by 71mishmash »

DisneysPatB, thank you for the diagram, I'll get in there this weekend and see what is going on with the existing wiring vs what is on the schematic. Thank you.