1995 F 350 Dump raising problem

Charging, starting, lighting, gauges, HVAC

Moderators: FORDification, Thunderfoot

glwelder

1995 F 350 Dump raising problem

Post by glwelder »

Hello,
New to the forum. I was looking for help on my dump raising issue and wandered into the FORDification!

I have done a search on the forum and couldn't really find my issue: My dump was raising and lowering fine
since I bought it this summer, I have used it nearly every weekend moving wood and junk.

The dump is actuated by a shaft on the floor which is pulled up to raise, pushed down to dump. The shaft
pulls or pushes a cable to a switch on top of the pump. It is very difficult to troubleshoot with it stuck down
and I wish I studied closer when it was working. I do know the cable seems to be moving the switch on top
of the pump fully both ways, and I can reach over the frame rail and move it manually, in either case there is no
response by the pump.

I have checked the 12V connection at the battery and it is good. Also there is no noise at all when the switch is
pushed to raise or lower, so it seems like an electrical issue to me? That is about as far as I have gotten.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and is it possible for me to raise the bed with my skid loader or will the
hydraulics be to much too over come?

Thanks

George