Need obolete early 1967 Emergency Flaher/Turn Signal relay

Charging, starting, lighting, gauges, HVAC

Moderators: FORDification, Thunderfoot

Not Pijus

Need obolete early 1967 Emergency Flaher/Turn Signal relay

Post by Not Pijus »

Hello Experts,
Long story short, my 1967 Ford F-100 suffered some electrical shorts last week and broke down. I repaired a couple burnt wires and the truck is back on the road running great. However, one of the shorts was traced to an Autolite C7TB-13350-A, behind the instrument cluster mounted on the steering column frame/bracket. I removed the relay but cannot find a replacement. It has something to do with my turn signals which now do not work and purportedly my emergency flashers which never worked. Part store has no listing of this part or a replacement, it does not show in the wiring diagram and I'm at a loss. Where can I find one or how do I repair my turn signals without it?
Sincerely,
William
Busboy
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Re: Need obolete early 1967 Emergency Flaher/Turn Signal relay

Post by Busboy »

It's just a common turn signal flasher relay. I think 552 is the napa number.
1967 F-100 4x4 custom cab.
Another 67 F-100 4x4 custom cab.
2016 F-150 Eco-Boost 2.7 liter. (It will smoke the tires!)
1972 F-350 Sport Custom cab & chassis.
1972 F-250 Explorer Special, Camper Special.
1971 F-100 custom. 302, C-4, p.s. p.b. factory 65 amp alternator with transistorized voltage regulator.
TNIceWolf
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by TNIceWolf »

one flasher runs the turn signals and the other runs the emergency flashers I think. And yes....they are some really common parts to be honest. Sometimes its easier to just ask for the part by name instead of an obsolete factory number.
Find 'em....Buy 'em....Fix 'em.....Drive 'em....Love 'em

HHC 4/67AR.... Bandits.....88-92

Presently in the stable
1969 Ford F-350 DRW
1989 Chevy S-10 Tahoe ( It gets me to work and back and fetches parts and groceries)
1981 Buick Regal ( My deceased uncles last project/driver....renamed project Regal Eagle to be finished in his honor)
1990 Ford F-150 ( Miss Yvonnes Daily Driver )
My F-350 project http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=41744
Not Pijus

Post by Not Pijus »

Thanks, I kinda figured there had to be another relay that worked. Auto store has a round canister turn signal relay that has two male connectors. My relay has two but only one is male labeled with an "X" and the other is a female connector labeled "L". Any ideas on the rewiring? I have a Red wire and Red w/White Stripe wire combine and connect to the X terminal. White w/Red Stripe wire and Blue wire combine and connect to L terminal. I think the Red w/white wire is hot, the red goes to brake light switch on pedal, blue goes up into the steering column and not sure about the white w/red, I've got an aftermarket oil pressure gauge.
W
68fe360

Post by 68fe360 »

You can use any flasher relay that matches your pin configuration and is rated to handle the number of lamps it will be operating at the same time, is signal flasher need to be rated for at least 2 lamps. I normally over rated the the flasher this way it all most never burns out unless there is major that kills it.

As for the wireing. It is incredibly simple. The one labeled X is the hot wire. The with the L is the one that runs to the lamp it's self. Get a flasher with same lay out, and due to configuration it can't be put on backwards. If you one that is reversed, simply use a pin or suitable object to release the wire from the connector, and swap them. The new one should be labeled X and L as well. This is the common method for the 2 pin flasher relay.

I hope this helps!

-Will