Guage wiring???

Charging, starting, lighting, gauges, HVAC

Moderators: FORDification, Thunderfoot

fonzf100s

Guage wiring???

Post by fonzf100s »

I just put a full guage cluster in my '69. What are the correct wiring schematics for the oil pressure and ammeter? Color codes are different on full guage clusters.

Fonz
Heyyyyyyyyyy, keep 'em cool, keep 'em on the road!
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

The ammeter in the full-instrumentation panel will not work as-is in a truck originally wired up for an idiot light. The ammeter uses a shunt in the front harness to supply power to the ammeter, plus there are a couple other minor wiring differences. Do a search here for 'shunt' and you'll see where this has been discussed a few times.
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
fonzf100s

Post by fonzf100s »

Thanks Keith. What about the oil pressure gauge, just get original sending unit for a gauge and cut the two wires for the light? BTW, tried to PM you back about the A/C part that I was wanting to but from you back in the summer and never got a response???? Not sure it went thru. Anyway, I need the hose and duct for the passenger side kick panel on a factory A/C truck if you still want to sell it let me know the price. Thanks,

Fonz
Heyyyyyyyyyy, keep 'em cool, keep 'em on the road!