Turn Signal switch

Charging, starting, lighting, gauges, HVAC

Moderators: FORDification, Thunderfoot

gramsay

Turn Signal switch

Post by gramsay »

I have a 1967 ford 1/2 ton and when I move the turn signal leaver up and down it no longer clicks into place and it also no longer cancels. I found a 1974 ford truck in a junkyard that has a perfect turn signal switch. But the one from the 74 has a hazard light switch on the side and the wiring harnis is different. Can I wire it into my truck to make it work?
72hiboy4x4
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic
Location: As far away as I can be from Wa state, without crossing the Mississippi

Post by 72hiboy4x4 »

probably, since putting a newer column is part of installing P/S in a lot of these trucks.
But why, when a new switch can't cost that much, maybe $20? Or am I wrong on the price (its been a long time)?
In life many men take the path of righteousness, some take the path many others follow (G.M. owners, for example), some take a more arduous path, some a simpler path. I, sir, took the PSYCO-PATH!!
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

yea the plastic replacement is only around 10.00 in the states. but yes you could cut the plug off and wire that into your truck if you really wanted to. you would be better of not rigging your truck up though. i would just get a regular turn signal repair piece.
HugYourPlumber

Post by HugYourPlumber »

there are a couple of these replacement cams on ebay right now :evil:
hoosker do's hoosker dont's with or without the scooter stick
68 f250 240cid
69 f100 360cid
Tim Brackeen
gramsay

Post by gramsay »

the cam is fine but the little studs that the cam clicks onto are broken off and I am very good at wiring so I can make the wiring look original.
Mohillbilly

Post by Mohillbilly »

I need the whole canceller switch (upper and lower halves), as the entire thing has been messed up. I can put the wires in the correct positions in the socket ok, as I have the punch-out tool from Molex. I just needed to know that the '71 switch would work on my '70. I thought they looked the same.
70 Custom LWB, 302-2V, 3 on tree