Reassembled Steering Wheel - Now won't start

Charging, starting, lighting, gauges, HVAC

Moderators: FORDification, Thunderfoot

shpierson

Reassembled Steering Wheel - Now won't start

Post by shpierson »

I put a new Grant steering wheel on my 1972 Camper Special F250 with the 390. I know, probably too cheap but that's what I could afford. :-) Originally - I took off the collar that houses the turn signal switch but figured out I didn't have the parts to change out the broken cam. So I siliconed the two black column bolts so they'd stay in place. Then I reassembled it. But now, although I do have power in the truck; radio, lights, etc., it doesn't turn the engine when I try to start it. It's like there is no power to the starter at all. It was starting fine before I changed out the steering wheel. I took it apart again to check if I click a wire or something and everything looks in tact. No wires are cut and I don't see what could be causing the problem.

Remember: I used silicone to keep the column bolts in place so I could fit the outer collar back over them. Do those have to be touching metal or something a certain way? I just don't know what I even did wrong. I'm still connected under the dash. ??? Please HELP!!! I just don't know what to even consider now.

Thanks,
shawn
shpierson

Re: Reassembled Steering Wheel - Now won't start

Post by shpierson »

Nevermind - I finally found it. Here's the link to the issue: http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... =6&t=60172 Mine pin thing is broke too... now that I know what I'm looking for.

I don't understand why this site doesn't let me search more than twice without deleting cookies. I had to find this through Google.