wiper switch

Charging, starting, lighting, gauges, HVAC

Moderators: FORDification, Thunderfoot

jades addiction

wiper switch

Post by jades addiction »

Been here 5 years , hardly a new member/just saying
1968 f100...On the back of wiper switch ,there is a short lead orange and blue stripe wire and couldnt find were it goes or locate on Wiring Schematics, (#5)/ 1967 F-100 thru F-350 windshield wiper and washer,everything else is plugged in but thats the only wire thats loose with a small eyelet clipped on the end . Just wondering if its just a ground? tried grounding it and still not working
Thanks like always!
300 six banger 3 speed on the tree with 33,000 orig. miles Next was to get it painted and restored ,3 years later a new motor f(1986 302 5.0 HO ) parts from a 1971 mustang to a 1965 mustang .. huge aluminum radiator to keep at 160 degrees, bored 60 over, cam 750cfm edelbrock with a matching performer, roller rockers on new edelbrock 201 aluminum heads, and mustang headers,HEI distributor, Just put on a power disc brake conversion kit 11 3/4 inch rotors from MPBrakes ,brings a whole new meaning stopping on a dime!Got rear leaf springs ,dropped 2.5 inches and she cruises so much nicer!
68RGR
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: wiper switch

Post by 68RGR »

In looking at the drawing here:

http://www.fordification.com/tech/wirin ... wipers.jpg

The closest I can find is wire 763, orange with WHITE stripe that seems to provide power via a connection on the ignition switch.

That wire appears to have a ring terminal on the ignition switch end.

I would use a bit of caution before hard wiring it to the ignition switch because someone could have disconnected it for a reason. You might want to connect an 1156 bulb in series with that wire to test it out. That way, if there is a BIG problem, the bulb will glow brightly.

Good luck. And, if the wire is really the colors you said, I'd get a new switch . . . It'll never work right with those colors on it! :wink:
Bill
68 F100 Ranger
73 F100 Ranger XLT

Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in garages. (Apologies to Kenneth Grahame.)
jades addiction

Post by jades addiction »

Thanks 68RGR
Changed the switch out and replace wire lead to igniton switch, it works great now.Always up for new tips on the ol truck.
At least I wont get caught in rain without wipers
300 six banger 3 speed on the tree with 33,000 orig. miles Next was to get it painted and restored ,3 years later a new motor f(1986 302 5.0 HO ) parts from a 1971 mustang to a 1965 mustang .. huge aluminum radiator to keep at 160 degrees, bored 60 over, cam 750cfm edelbrock with a matching performer, roller rockers on new edelbrock 201 aluminum heads, and mustang headers,HEI distributor, Just put on a power disc brake conversion kit 11 3/4 inch rotors from MPBrakes ,brings a whole new meaning stopping on a dime!Got rear leaf springs ,dropped 2.5 inches and she cruises so much nicer!
68RGR
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 68RGR »

Excellent!

Glad you got it going the right way now. Wipers just don't work without a few electrons! Well, unless they are manual or vacuum powered.
Bill
68 F100 Ranger
73 F100 Ranger XLT

Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in garages. (Apologies to Kenneth Grahame.)