69 f100 turn signals

Charging, starting, lighting, gauges, HVAC

Moderators: FORDification, Thunderfoot

allenman

69 f100 turn signals

Post by allenman »

I have a 69 f100 that when putting it together. we removed some wires from under the dash (wasn't the smartest thing to do I know) but that's what we did e.i. in dash emergency flashers,heater control, dash lights and gauges after market gauges now. we had to replace the exciter wire for alternator. ever thing worked fine with just the front marker lights hooked up no tail lights, and the front turn signals worked. the very next day they no longer worked nothing was changed over night. I have since put a new turn signal switch and flasher and of course the tail lights are installed now( after market LED strip). when the switch is on, that side brake light goes off. I have tried with the stock tail lights and the same results. I'm sure it has to do with the emergency flasher being removed, but again they worked after it was removed several times but stopped working the very next day. does anyone know an easy fix?
Thunderfoot
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: 69 f100 turn signals

Post by Thunderfoot »

Try a Solid State type of Flasher, as the LED's won't pull enough load to make the standard unit flash.
Shayne
I'm not "Brand Loyal" Ford-Chevy-Dodge-Toyota I have them all, one even cross mixed...
If it Looks good and Works good then it's ok by me. Everything has its issues from time to time...

69 SWB (project) & 69 Highboy (driver/project)
http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa29 ... d%20truck/
http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10399
stevevanklinken

Re: 69 f100 turn signals

Post by stevevanklinken »

anyone tell me how to tell if the signal switch is bad or trouble shoot why they wont work.
They worked last week, not so much today!