F250 Blinkers flashing everywhere but Driver-side Front

Charging, starting, lighting, gauges, HVAC

Moderators: FORDification, Thunderfoot

bph

F250 Blinkers flashing everywhere but Driver-side Front

Post by bph »

I have active flashing blinkers everywhere, including on the instrument panel, except for the driver's side front blinker which doesn't blink at all. Put the passenger side front bulb into the driver side front and it still did not work. I've checked the connections behind the blinker/headlight as best I could and everything seems to be in order. Is it possible for the flasher relay to break in such a way that only one side would fail to flash?
USAROVER

Re: F250 Blinkers flashing everywhere but Driver-side Front

Post by USAROVER »

Does the parking light work on that side? I had to re-do my ground connection to get mine to work correctly.
New guy here with a 67. Rebuilt auto, fresh rebuild on the 352, new tank, new radiator, doing glass soon and disk brakes!
abe

Post by abe »

My guess is a bad ground. Run a jumper wire from the parking light housing to a good piece of unpainted not rusty metal and see if the light works. If the parking light does work like mentioned above, then maybe your socket is bad, or the spring in the socket is weak. Perhaps the bulb is not making contact with the contact in the socket.
1970 F-350 flatbed dump, purchased 9/20/12Image
1954 F-100 bought from Grandpa in 1977 for $200Image
Nitekruizer
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Nitekruizer »

If the bulb will not flash with the turn signals and will not flash with the hazards, I would go with a bad connection at the socket, as mentioned above. Since all of the other bulbs are flashing we can rule out the flasher unit itself.

If the bulb flashes with the hazards but not the turn signals, or vice versa, then the problem is not at the socket.
390 FE IN A "BUMP" / 383 WEDGE IN A 2 DOOR C-BODY / 351W IN A FULL-SIZE MERCURY / 194 CHEVY 6 IN A DUECE / 2.4 DOHC CHRYSLER IN A PLASTIC BUBBLE (Driver)
hillcountryflt
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by hillcountryflt »

When my rear flashers and brake lights quit working I traced it down to a bad connection in the wiring harness under the steering wheel.
Might be another good place to look.
1971 F100 Custom SB Flareside;
2016 Explorer;
2020 F150
2016 Harley Ultra Limited
2008 Ford Mustang Deluxe V6