replacement steel

Moderator: FORDification

massillon preacher

replacement steel

Post by massillon preacher »

Is there anyone whom makes replacement stamps for the kick panels both on inside and outside of 71 f100? By outside I mean right at the bottom of the corner of the front part of the cab, when I took my front fender off I could see that lower corners is all ate up, right down to body mount bolts. I know the cab mounts are available I'm looking for the corner section of cab itself, right outside of kick plate, the kick plates all rusted out as well.
Last edited by massillon preacher on Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
massillon preacher

Re: replacement steel

Post by massillon preacher »

I'm wanting to know if there is replacement steel already configured for this or will I have to fab?
jzjames
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by jzjames »

From what I've seen when this question has come up, no. It's tough that area, but a good fabricator can do amazing stuff.
Lone Ranger
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Lone Ranger »

I've seen where guys will replace that whole corner from another truck. I had to fab both sides of mine and it went fairly quick. It was a pain to make the part where the weather stripping went but turned out decent. On page 6and 8 of my build I worked on those corners. Don't burn yourself :lol:
1972 f100 4x4 4 inch lift with dump box kit-sold
1969 f250 4x4 highboy in progress.
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=85251
Kyle
MAK
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by MAK »

Inside kick panels are basically flat so easy to fabricate yourself. I had to do a small lower section on mine where it came in contact with the floor pan.
speed bump

Post by speed bump »

Tabco parts makes an outer kick panel/rocker panel piece. I have a couple to install on my 71 and the seem like decent piece but it will require a fair amount of work to install them.
71 3/4 ton 4x4 highboy
68 Mercury Monteray