Sport Mirrors

Moderator: FORDification

FFRKing

Sport Mirrors

Post by FFRKing »

I will be putting Sport mirrors on my '68 shortly and would like to know about the different suppliers.
Nobody seems to list the hole spacing in any of their listings. One of my doors already had 2 holes and the other has 3 holes. I don't have the measurements with me but was wondering if anyone could tell me the correct hole spacing, so I know which holes to weld up.
I would really like a nice pair of original mirrors that aren't quite so shiny and new as my truck will be a daily driver and none of the trim is perfect.

Thanks

Chris
-1968 F100 SWB, 4.6 3V, 5R55S auto, Crown Vic front and rear.
-1968 Cougar XR-7, 351C, AOD, Explorer rear. In approx. 6,000 pieces at the moment.
Old Greener

Re: Sport Mirrors

Post by Old Greener »

Not a direct answer to your question, but might be best to acquire your mirrors prior to doing bodywork so it's based on your actual conditions.
1971 Ranger XLT, 390 auto, longbox, boxwood/seafoam, dealer a/c....a Texas beauty now living the dream north of the border.
basketcase0302
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Sport Mirrors

Post by basketcase0302 »

FFRKing » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:28 pm
I will be putting Sport mirrors on my '68 shortly and would like to know about the different suppliers.
Nobody seems to list the hole spacing in any of their listings. One of my doors already had 2 holes and the other has 3 holes. I don't have the measurements with me but was wondering if anyone could tell me the correct hole spacing, so I know which holes to weld up.
I would really like a nice pair of original mirrors that aren't quite so shiny and new as my truck will be a daily driver and none of the trim is perfect.
Thanks
Chris
Go to the member list here and PM member BobbyFord as I remember him putting them on his 460 rocketbump. :wink:
Jeff
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=46251
SOLD-71 F-350 dually flatbed, 302 / .030 over V-8 with a "baby"C-6, B & M truckshifter, Dana70/4.11 ratio, intermittent wipers, tilt steering, full LED lighting on the flat bed, and no stereo yet (this way I can hear the rattles to diagnose)! SOLD!
Many Ford bumps / one 76' EB / and several dents through the years.
A lot of "oddball" Ford parts collected from working on them for 34 years now!
2008 Ford Escape 4 x 4