1970-72 Ranger and Ranger XLT Lower (Rocker) Trim

Moderator: FORDification

Bullitt74
Preferred User
Preferred User

1970-72 Ranger and Ranger XLT Lower (Rocker) Trim

Post by Bullitt74 »

Hi everyone,

Thought I'd share this nugget, as it took me a while to figure out. I thought creating a separate post would be better, as it will be searchable in Google for those trying to figure this out later. This trim and hardware is not available in the aftermarket, so we have to scrounge around for this stuff.

The lower rocker trim on my XLT is in reasonable shape, with the exception of the front fender pieces - one is missing, and the other is banged up pretty good, so I found a couple NOS pieces with the attaching hardware. The other pieces need a polish, but the attaching hardware is in very poor shape. These clips are specific to this application from what I can tell. I contacted Dennis Carpenter, and they directed me to Restoration Specialties.

http://www.restorationspecialties.com/

Long story short:
- the clips are part number 2752 (has a 10-24 threaded stud), price is 1.50 each
- nut is part number 2557, price is 0.25 each

I hope this helps someone with their build. I plan to look through their catalogue and order a couple other items, and will provide an update when I receive the clips to close the loop and ensure they are the right fit.

Cheers!
Steve F.
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
'72 Ranger XLT, 4x2, 390-2V, C6, Wind blue & Wimbledon White (‘Smokey’)
8)
2016 F150 Lariat FX4 Supercrew, Ruby Red
Follow my build thread for 'Smokey': http://fordification.com/forum/viewtopi ... 22&t=85070
Wilfred of Ivanhoe

Re: 1970-72 Ranger and Ranger XLT Lower (Rocker) Trim

Post by Wilfred of Ivanhoe »

I have considered truing to build my own custom trim holder clips. I just haven't had the time. I wonder if anyone else has tried this?
1953 F100 (Waitint for attention)
1969 F100 LWB w/ 72 grille (Daily driver & work truck)
1969 F100 LWB Parts truck
1971 F100 SSWB 4x4 (Current Project)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport (Actually the wife's)