another seam sealer post and cowel area question.

Moderator: FORDification

Zorm
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

another seam sealer post and cowel area question.

Post by Zorm »

I have been rebuilding my front suspension and looked at the cab/front fender area. Are all these seams sealed with something? if so, any idea what type of sealer?

Also, the cowel and air path into the cab. I have removed the rubber oval thingy and cleaned out the upper cowel. Would I do the same with the lower end of the air "duct", where the 1st question mentiones? There are two more of the oval rubber peices one on each side. I am assuming that there is a small drain opening in that same area. When thats all done, cleaning out, whats the best way to try and seal or rust proof this whole "duct" area?
I have seen a spray on Eastwood that you can put inside a frame and seal, would that be the ony option?

thanks
1971 F250 Camper Special, family owned since 1972
1983 Cherokee, last of the big ones, bought in Italy, family owned since 1998
1965 Corvair Corsa Convertible, 140 engine, 4 speed.

HE guides my path, forgives me when I stray and lights my life
jimmy828
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: another seam sealer post and cowel area question.

Post by jimmy828 »

Sounds like you are on the right track in getting that area cleaned out. Throw everything you can think of at that project. It can be a PITA. You might even consider removing the cab doors/hinges to go threw the hinge pockets. When i done mine, my truck was disassembled. I accessed any hole i could use even the the heater box hole since it was out. Still did not get it as good as i wanted.