Bed Patch Panels

Moderator: FORDification

Mudbone2005

Bed Patch Panels

Post by Mudbone2005 »

Has anyone order and used the bed side patch panels from LMC or MAC's. I have 1972 SWB F100 and the bed needs repair and these beds or hard to find so this might be my only option.
Wilfred of Ivanhoe

Re: Bed Patch Panels

Post by Wilfred of Ivanhoe »

I saw a similar conversation about this some time ago, and I seem to remember someone saying that the are issues with the bed patch panel's patterns not lining up with the stock pattern. I don't remember if id was a particular dealer though. Might try a quick search of the site.
1953 F100 (Waitint for attention)
1969 F100 LWB w/ 72 grille (Daily driver & work truck)
1969 F100 LWB Parts truck
1971 F100 SSWB 4x4 (Current Project)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport (Actually the wife's)
Mudbone2005

Post by Mudbone2005 »

I saw a lot of information on the bed floor but not for the sides is what I interested in getting
Lone Ranger
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Lone Ranger »

I have a truck bed that somebody did a replacement from the bump down on one side. They welded in the gap above the bump the whole way down and it all looks terrible and wavy. If you go this route you want to be an experienced welder. Some of the spaces don't quite line up on the seams back by the lights but if you are an experienced welder it will work I've seen people do more difficult things. I have some bed replacement panels if your in michigan...
1972 f100 4x4 4 inch lift with dump box kit-sold
1969 f250 4x4 highboy in progress.
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=85251
Kyle
lilorbie

Post by lilorbie »

i am the person who posted about the bed patch panels for my 67 swb. DO NOT buy them from LMC. if at all possible find a local jy and have them torch .cut or if the bed is in better shape that what you all ready have just buy the whole thing. i can not speak of the quality of D.C. NPD. as i have not used them.if LMC had made their panels here they might fit a whole lot better. some times you get what you pay for.